Project Coordinator, Mastering
Full Time Job
Overview and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for detailed management and research of various digital archival assets. The primary responsibility will be to oversee the daily procedures pertaining to the rejection of digital files, conformance review projects, work closely with internal groups as well as external vendors for the coordination, movement, review, quality control, replacement, and updating of all metadata for all internal systems.
• Oversee the creation and delivery of both domestic and localized media files, including but not limited to: encoding video masters, ordering foreign audio conforms, subtitles and creating fully built localized video masters.
• Work with various departments internally and externally with vendors to receive orders, manage progress, write purchase orders, troubleshoot problems and deliver files under tight deadlines.
• Handle rejections from television and digital distribution clients including, but not limited to: Netflix, Hulu, Apple, Amazon, HBO, Canal , BSKYB, and other worldwide distributors.
• Review conformance between video, audio and subtitle files, review and update subtitle files with missing characters, order and replace corrupt files, update and replace audio files with dropouts, etc.
• Contribute to improving interdepartmental logistics.
• Assist the department in project management during high volume projects.
• Assemble and distribute title information to various groups within the studio.
• Coordinate delivery of finalized assets and metadata to archive, ensuring materials pass QC.
• Learn proprietary asset-management and scheduling systems (Xytech, ALIAS, OPIS, GPS, Prism)
• Manage input/update of title information and metadata within aforementioned systems.
• Create and manage large encoding, audio and subtitling orders.
• May be assigned to various tasks and ad hoc projects, as needed.
* Minimum 2 years related experience required.
* Strong knowledge and understanding of Film, Audio and Digital media
* Experience with and understanding of various video & audio formats
* Detail and Process oriented
* Strong problem solving capabilities
* Strong oral and written communication skills are required to effectively communicate with Company personnel and outside parties
* Strong knowledge of Outlook, Excel, and Microsoft Word
* Able to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task, prioritize and manage projects and vendors
* Knowledge of international localization
* Experience and strong understanding of media formats – both tape and digital files.
* Must be able to work under independently
* Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
* Knowledge and understanding of various subtitling formats.
* Previous experience handling basic accounting – purchase orders.
* BA/BS preferred.
*Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
*Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
*Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States