Manager, Production Finance
Full Time Job
The Manager, Production Finance assists in financial oversight and management of the budgeting, reporting, forecasting, and performance tracking activities for Viacom Media Networks Domestic Brands’ bicoastal Unscripted Development and Series Productions. Responsibilities include partnering with Programming Finance, Production Management, and various internal teams across VMN Domestic Brands’ with regards to accounting and financial overview for all production and network analysis.
• Responsible for being the main point of contact for applicable union signatories & non-union accounting payroll process. This position is responsible for assisting Production groups with any and all issues that would include, but not limited to: process, paperwork, errors, etc.
• Review freelance invoices and relevant union/non-union timecard packages from productions and transmit to Payroll Company.
• Oversight of weekly payroll edit review based on data received by Payroll Company, correspond with Payroll paymaster on outstanding issues, and timely approval of edits for payment to employees.
• Oversight for preparation and submission of all union payroll & overall deals related to Executive Producers & Talent, ensuring internal contractual obligations are tracked and paid.
• Work with internal PBE’s to set up their payroll and sign off on weekly timesheets. Ensure coding is accurate and forecasted.
• Manage process and workflow when using union signatories that are funded and managed by Viacom.
Production Finance Management:
• Day to day management of finances and relationships for bicoastal development & series and supporting 3rd Party productions across VMN Domestic Brands’.
• Manage production accounting and analysis of scripted/unscripted development and unscripted productions. Partner with production in the creation/review of production budgets, conduct ongoing meetings with production to analyze the current status of the budget to identify areas for reallocating funds or potential deficiencies.
• Responsible for Cost Report and Trial Balance reporting reviews with Production Exec and 3rd Party, timely EFC updates and true-ups, and production post-mortems, including production cash flow planning/analysis and variance explanations.
• Contract review and analysis in conjunction with Production Execs and BALA as needed.
• Touchpoint for 3rd party production finance counterparts regarding budget, residuals, license fees, agency/package fees, and all relevant production finance materials.
• Recommend to series line producers and production management on performance measures, strategic planning around production schedules, and financial control procedures.
• Coordinate with East and West Coast production/management groups with timely consolidation of monthly EFC information vs. production budget and LRP.
• Partner with Viacom Tax team, Production Management and 3rd parties to ensure production tax credits are accurately calculated, recognized and completed. This includes prepping, submitting and tracking of tax docs and financial backup and recoupment.
• Analyze and track actuals vs. budgets and estimates and research variances; identifying risks and opportunities, ensuring that all data is properly loaded into the financial systems. Partner with senior teams on findings and manage information to relevant client groups.
• Manage requests regarding series production matters, production cash flows, journal entries, etc. and internal/external audit requests as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field.
• 5 years of experience in financial analysis, production accounting and/or corporate accounting/finance.
• Working knowledge/experience with production accounting software (PSL, Global Vista, Smart Accounting).
• Efficiency, speed, accuracy, pro-active approach to job, and strong interpersonal skills are essential.
• Highly proficient in Excel, Word, and Powerpoint skills.
• Proficient in accounting for episodic TV shows.
• Ability to forge partnerships with producers, production managers and studio executives.
• Experience with SAP and Longview Solutions a plus.
• A willingness to work as part of a team and cover other roles as necessary.