Manager, Business and Legal Affairs
Full Time Job
Work as a member of the Viacom Business and Legal Affairs team that supports the Pluto TV business team in a broad variety of matters arising from the distribution of the Pluto TV service. This role will be located onsite at Pluto in West Hollywood.
Who is Pluto TV?
Based in West Hollywood, California, Pluto TV is the leading free streaming television service in America, delivering 100 live and original channels and thousands of on-demand movies in partnership with major TV networks, movie studios, publishers, and digital media companies. Pluto TV is available on all mobile, web and connected TV streaming devices and millions of viewers tune in each month to watch premium news, TV shows, movies, sports, lifestyle, and trending digital series. While this role is sitting in West Hollywood, Pluto TV has offices in New York, Silicon Valley, Chicago and Berlin.
• Provide general legal support to the Pluto BALA team in connection with distribution of the Pluto TV service and content on a variety of media platforms (e.g., cable and satellite television, internet/OTT, telco, wireless, pre-load)
• Administer contract database and records system
• Assist with regulatory compliance
• Additional support to attorneys as needed, including drafting and reviewing legal documents, memoranda, correspondence and support materials.
• Bachelor’s degree and minimum of five years of experience in a legal support role or J.D. is required.
• Strong interest in content distribution and licensing is a must
• Qualified candidates should possess excellent drafting, analytical and organizational skills.
• Familiarity and experience with contracts and legal concepts, knowledge of intellectual property, entertainment, technology, privacy and/or internet law is a plus.
• Relevant experience in the media industry is a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously in a demanding, fast-paced environment; to communicate effectively with others verbally and in writing; and ability to negotiate agreements with third parties independently.