Legal Assistant - Production
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Summary of Job
Responsible for all aspects of supporting one Vice President, and one Senior Counsel and one Counsel (“Supervisors”) in Business and Legal Affairs
Essential duties and responsibilities
Legal Assistant (“Assistant”) is responsible for drafting standard letters, amendments, agreements and distributions for Supervisors, screening and transfer incoming calls with a positive attitude and high degree professionalism. The Assistant will manage all mailing, faxing, maintaining of files, and faxing of correspondence. The Assistant will also input, revise, proofread, and redline documents while maintaining a highly organized, efficient, and logical filing system of all documents for working and archival purposes. He/She will also manage all scheduling and booking of conference rooms and placing multi-party conference calls for staff meetings and for Supervisors, as well as maintaining departmental lists, calendars, and contacts. Assistant will prepare travel and expenditure reports, order supplies, prioritize the Supervisors’ daily schedule by coordinating appointments and scheduling meetings among parties with demanding calendars.
Under supervision, the Assistant will have the opportunity to oversee various ongoing projects relating to the department
• Ability to maintain a positive attitude. Extremely punctual.
• Excellent organizational skills with ability to handle multiple tasks with a high degree of attention to detail.
• Professional demeanor and excellent phone skills.
• Typing required. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word for Windows, utilizing DM5 and Excel. Knowledge of legal word processing procedures preferred.
• Undergraduate degree preferred.
• 1-2 years’ experience as an assistant, preferably in the music, television, or entertainment industry. Knowledge of television production extremely helpful.
• Legal experience desirable, but not mandatory.
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret legal documents.
• Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of personnel throughout the Company and externally.