Lead Software Developer, AR / VR
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Here at Viacom, our team mission is to explore what entertainment looks like in the future. We are creating experiences leveraging emerging technologies, with a focus on augmented reality, virtual reality, and iOT devices.
This position offers a unique opportunity to lead the innovation team’s software engineering efforts in creating prototypes for the various Viacom brands with a focus on exploring and demonstrating the capabilities of emerging consumer platforms. While the primary focus will be on VR and AR technologies, we are seeking candidates with experience across a range of iOT technologies.
• Lead the software architecture and engineering practice for the emerging technologies team.
• Act as Viacom’s subject matter expert for Virtual and Augmented Reality software development.
• Push the bounds of emerging VR and AR technologies, developing innovative solutions that can enable new products and patent for Viacom.
• Lead build sprints, providing architecture and engineering guidance for other team members.
• Build AR/VR experiences in Unity/C#.
• Work with software architecture and engineering teams across the company.
• Select appropriate technologies and Implement backend aspects of VR and AR experiences, such as networking to support multi-user experiences.
• Work in an Agile process to produce code that is structured and well documented.
• Represent Viacom at conferences and evangelize our innovation initiatives.
• Work with bodies such as the W3C on emerging VR and AR standards.
• Help setup and curate our VR/AR demonstration lab, presenting the latest technologies to the Viacom community.
• Experience architecting and developing VR and AR applications.
• Strong C# development skills in Unity.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in software development.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in focusing on VR/AR applications, with strong Unity 3D experience.
• BA/BS preferred in Computer Science or related technical field
• Agile certification and/or experience preferred
• Experience developing AR apps for Microsoft HoloLens or Meta headsets strongly preferred.
• Experience developing apps using Apple ARKit.
• Experience using ARCore in Unity.
• Experience in graphics software using GLSL/HLSL.
• 3D math skills.
• Experience with networking and multiplayer systems in public cloud environments.
• Experience with mobile development in Android, iOS, or other mobile environments.
• Experience with game design.
• Team player with a positive, enthusiastic attitude.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.