Junior Data Scientist
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Junior Data Science Engineer, Advanced Media Analytics will be responsible for supporting the build-out of new/alternate audience platforms across Viacom Media Networks. In this role, the individual will contribute to innovation in audience measurement, and help discover how VMN content is being consumed across platforms.
• Identify, ingest, and enrich a wide range of structured and unstructured data into datasets for analysis
• Learn to apply statistical and advanced techniques (e.g. segmentation, machine learning) to develop both prototypes and scalable (i.e. efficient, automated) data analyses
• Conduct basic ad hoc analysis, building models, forecasting viewing behavior
• Extensive code development, debugging, optimizing, and productionizing
• Support the development of machine learning pipeline architecture
• Help build out frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and services to support our network of media brands.
• Be able to transform unstructured raw data in to formats suitable for modeling
• Be able to work in teams and collaborate with stakeholders to define requirements
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field
• Knowledge of Python and/or R
• Knowledge of algorithms for data mining, machine learning, and/or natural language processing
• Possess some understanding of statistical procedures used in advanced analytics
• Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data using Spark, Hive or other Big Data technologies
• Experience building scalable data models and performing complex relational database queries using SQL (Oracle, MySQL), etc.
• Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to detect and resolve data/analytics quality issues
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
• Experienced user of data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, matplotlib, ggplot2, etc.)