Junior Contracts Manager
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Junior Contacts Manager is a key role within the Business and Legal Affairs (BALA) team that is responsible for ensuring a fast, efficient and consistent turnaround time for Global Location Based Experiences (LBE) and International Consumer Products (CP) for deals across all territories worldwide whilst providing the business with a high level of professional service at all times. Reporting to Contracts Manager, and providing support to Senior Contracts Managers, Senior Counsel and VP as/when required.
• Independently managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for licensing deals (merchandise, content and promotions) for business groups across the international region, as required, for Senior Contracts Manager’s review and approval;
• Autonomously drafting NDAs, notices, termination letters, consent letters, customs and authorization letters, and other correspondence;
• Drafting, and generally assisting Contracts Manager with, LBE deals as required;
• Tracking milestones and related matters for global LBE deals;
• Maintaining and updating internal reference resources for LBE and CP, including relating to onboarding and training materials;
• Liaising with global operations team to track and manage deal status and related reporting;
• Carrying out due diligence for LBE and CP deals and reporting clearly on findings to BALA, Compliance and Commercial teams; managing organization and distribution of signed CP contracts and coordinating with systems/operations team
• P erforming research, assisting with sightings/counterfeit, debt collection and litigation matters as required;
• M aintaining relationships with internal stakeholders, agents and licensees; and maintaining templates and suggesting updates.
• C reating new templates, as requested, for Senior Counsel’s review and approval; c reating, maintaining and circulating BALA reports as required;
• Assisting Senior Contacts Managers, Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects as/when instructed; and providing administrative support from time to time as required by manager and other senior team members.
• assisting other Junior Contracts Managers as required and helping to supervise BALA Intern;
• Minimum 3 years’ previous legal experience;
• Minimum 3 years’ experience directly and autonomously drafting and negotiating a wide variety of agreements and amendments;
• 3 years’ experience working in-house preferred, but will consider applicants from private practice background that have had 3 years’ experience managing own transactional matters and dealing directly with clients;
• Keen ability to analyze and interpret documents and written communications;
• Strong problem-solving skills, relying on business and contract experience;
• Strong attention to detail;
• Self-starter with excellent time management and organizational skills;
• Accuracy and speed to ensure fast and efficient turnaround times;
• Able to work well under pressure;
• Able to work well both independently and with other team members, other internal departments, agents and licensees;
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly across different cultures and languages;
• Willing and able to assist other team members with drafting contracts/amendments as/when required; and providing excellent and professional service at all times.