Engineer, Video and Media
Full Time Job
As a Video Engineer, you will Research, Design, Document, Install, Commission and Test virtualized compressed IP-based video origination and distribution systems and related sub-systems for linear and streaming delivery via satellite and terrestrial fiber. These systems are used by all Viacom brands and are key to both the current and future technology roadmap of the company.
Key Technical Expertise:
• Demonstrates knowledge in baseband HD/SD video, compressed video/audio encoding, IP transport stream distribution, in-band and out-of-band metadata payloads, OTT streaming architecture, and IP networking principles including multicast.
• Demonstrates experience in the design, build, and commissioning of technical systems for broadcast playout, distribution and live streaming via IP.
• Demonstrates ability to test and qualify compressed video transport streams and compression technologies at the packet level, including MPEG-4 H.264, HEVC H.265, MPEG-2 and JPEG-2000.
• Familiar with encryption and conditional access systems for content protection, broadcast and infrastructure monitoring and control systems, and Ethernet network topologies.
• Familiar with digital Ad Insertion systems, Targeted Advertisement signaling and video industry protocols such as SCTE-130 and SCTE-35.
• Familiar with industry developments in key technical areas of standardization, and can articulate benefits/risks of various technology solutions.
• You manage assigned projects to tight timelines.
• You can perform technical analysis, exercise discernment, communicate with clarity and influence key technical decisions.
• Familiar with Agile project management tools and techniques such as SCRUM and JIRA a plus.
• Responsible for end-to-end fulfillment of assigned projects, including customer requirements discovery, conceptual and functional design, installation, configuration and commissioning.
• Coordinates in-house and third-party resources to fulfill system integration tasks for documentation, fabrication and installation.
• Collaborates with in-house technical support teams to perform system acceptance testing and training.
• Aligns with Director and VP, Media Engineering on key business and technical requirements, standards, and methodologies.
• Exemplifies the key business values of Ownership, Accountability, Transparency, Communication and Customer Service.
• Participates in individual and team goal-setting. Establishes the specific plans, projects and objectives needed to accomplish these goals and ensure their attainment.
• Partners with and integrates across other areas of Viacom Media Technology Services, working with other areas, resolving conflicts and managing competing priorities, to provide a complete solution.
• Possesses understanding of the modern video technology landscape including broadcast and streaming media.
• Remains grounded in scientific method and objective analysis, representing a disciplined engineering approach at all times.
• Maintains an awareness of standard methodologies in the technology industry and implements forward-looking best of breed solutions.
Typical Challenges Addressed:
• Research, develop and implement solutions for delivery of live video/audio/metadata streams for contribution and distribution.
• Continually improve work procedures and processes, through teamwork and collaboration.
• Ensure the successful implementation of technology solutions to meet multiple clients' requirements.
• Interacts with industry peers to discover best-of-breed technology solutions.
• Develops positive relationships with internal business customers’ staff to develop solutions collaboratively.
• Balances and negotiates the needs of multiple users and communicates the business advantages of various technical solutions.
• Productively engages with internal and external business partners.
• Communicates clearly and precisely with all levels of the business.
• Seen by business partners and MTS colleagues as a key resource to receive mentorship and complete solutions.
• Executes multiple concurrent Media Engineering projects, ensuring that projects are on time and on budget.
• Informs the development of accurate and thorough budget forecasts at the project and departmental levels.
• You are able to respond to evolving project prioritization requirements.
• Anticipates conflicting needs, including interdependencies with other initiatives, and actively resolving them.
• Integrates resources effectively, including resources under direct control, or by way of contractors and vendors.
• Works autonomously to implement and achieve objectives, seeking guidance to ensure alignment with global strategies and organizational objectives.
• Thoughtfully resolve customer issues, including competing demands, in accordance with stated business priorities.
• Escalates project blockers within Agile framework to resolve issues and move projects forward.
• You should possess 3 years of relevant video engineering experience and BA/BS degree or equivalent.
• Industry certifications in video, networking and cloud is a plus.