Emerging Business Planning
ViacomMiami Beach, FL
Full Time Job
Viacom International Media Networks is looking for a strategic finance, economics or engineer professional to support the Emerging Business Team on planning, forecasting and decision making by identifying, maintaining, and evaluating financial information of emerging businesses in new platforms (Apps, Social, SVODS, OTT, Connected Devices, Stores, Telcos, Sites, etc).
The Emerging Business team supports the company in entering the next generation of video, multiplatform business. Our emerging businesses are experiencing extensive growth across the region, and you will join a highly visible team detecting, evaluating, prioritizing and accelerating emerging businesses in new platforms.
This role will analyze and propose 10x projects based on diverse strategies and brands at a pan regional level: advertising, subscription, licensing, authentication and many other business models with Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, Telefe Argentina, Porta Dos Fundos and Paramount.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in projecting “non-linear” P&Ls, analyzing business opportunities and making recommendation (presentations and business plans) with limited information.
Reporting to the Emerging Business Planning Director, the Emerging Business Senior Planning Manager needs to love excel, have great business insight and communications skills and be able to translate that information into innovative presentations . The position offers the opportunity to lead a pan-regional team and acquire in-depth knowledge of the digital video business and emerging businesses in new platforms.
• P&L: Responsible for emerging businesses budgeting, P&L projections and analysis - considering top line and costs estimations supported by different collaborative areas (including Brands, CDM, Affiliate Marketing, LABS and Ad Sales). As an output, final commercial and audience/ viewership goals on a product or initiative basis are defined and new initiatives for new product development are prioritized;
• Special analysis: Supports Planning and Projects team with ad hoc analysis (i.e.: market sizing, impact quantifications, scenarios simulation, ROI analysis, variance analysis - comparing historical results against budgets and forecasts -, etc..).
• Bachelor’s degree, in Econ omics, Finance, or Engineering;
• 5 years of experience in Forecast & Financial Planning.
• Past experience in startups, especially in the FinTech space is a plus.
• Experience in scenarios simulation with limited information.
• Experience in digital businesses is a must.
• Expert in Excel and PowerPoint.
• Written and spoken Spanish, Portuguese is a plus.