ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Editorial Assistant, Viacom Catalyst - Creative Strategy
Viacom Catalyst – Viacom’s in-house advertising and branding studio – is looking for an Editorial/Departmental Assistant.
We’re looking for a creative and strategic person who is motivated to learn about the media industry and see the inner workings of a busy, innovative in-house advertising, marketing and branding studio. We view this position as an entryway to our writing staff, so being a strong, creative writer is a must.
This role supports our Brand Strategy and Copy/Editorial team, and the department at large. Duties include creating presentations, working on communications for our SVP and other team members, brainstorming ideas and content for social media, helping with departmental outings and initiatives, general office/admin duties like answering phones, keeping supplies up to date, scheduling meetings and more. They will also help support that Editorial/Brand Strategy staff with research, and will pitch in on smaller writing jobs as needed.
• Drafting correspondence
• Scheduling meetings and appointments
• Arranging staff meetings and off-sites
• Answering phones
• Reconciling expenses
• Managing the art and office supplies
• Making travel arrangements
• Maintaining status reports, databases and portfolios
• Creating presentations
• Social media content
• Editorial/copywriting as primary duties are mastered
• College degree required with background/major in English, Writing, Communications or related preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Previous administrative experience
• Demonstrable creative and/or strategic experience (can be from internships, etc.)
• Previous experience in marketing, advertising, media or related field
• Ability to work with a team and brainstorm
• High quality writing skills
• Strong knowledge of social media content creation
• High levels of: attention to detail, organization, multi-tasking skills
• Ability to proactively anticipate department and individual needs
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Proactive nature/willing and able to pitch in on jobs small and large
• Ability to consistently deliver high quality work under strict deadlines