Director / Senior Director
Full Time Job
Director / Senior Director, Investigations & Employee Relations
Viacom is seeking a Director/Senior Director, Investigations/Employee Relations, to partner with the Human Resources and Employment Law teams to lead the employment investigations function across our domestic Corporate, Media Networks, and Paramount Pictures groups. The Investigations team serves as the central point of contact for incidents involving allegations of potential harassment, retaliation or discrimination, raised through direct or anonymous sources.
This role will build relationships with HR business partners, business leaders, and the compliance and employment law teams and will be looked to for expert advice, to share trends and intelligence and to establish best practices for Viacom.
This role will be expected to conduct themselves with the utmost professionalism and empathy. We are open to candidates at both the Director and Senior Director levels.
• Lead internal investigations, in consultation with Legal, Compliance and/or other internal partners as applicable.
• Document and communicate results of investigations to relevant stakeholders.
• Prioritize and manage multiple investigations simultaneously.
• Collaborate and build relationships with internal stakeholders such as HR Business Partners, Legal, and Compliance.
• Handle investigations and Employee issues in a way that confirms and enhances Viacom’s culture of respect and trust.
• Identify and report on trends and recommendations for systemic improvements and preventative measures (e.g. training).
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or related field.
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in investigating employee relations matters.
• Exceptional communication, including effective listening, and excellent writing and presentation skills.
• Ability to express thoughts in a clear and concise manner while demonstrating tact and discretion in the most sensitive situations.
• Experience collecting and synthesizing data sets and information from disparate sources.
• Ability to independently drive multiple investigations to resolution and handle a large workload.
• Ability to build effective relationships with stakeholders inside the company.
• Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and leadership skills.
• Unrivaled attention to detail and consistent delivery of the highest quality of work.
• Skilled at effectively managing and prioritizing escalations or business critical situations.