Director, Sales Shopper Marketing
Full Time Job
WHOSAY is the Social Influence and Shopper Marketing arm of Viacom. WHOSAY Shopper creates premium, social first video and image content starring celebrities, professional athletes, musicians and social media super-stars. WHOSAY Shopper extends these influencer engagements in-store with Retailtainment and in-store Point of Sale.
WHOSAY Shopper is experiencing rapid growth and is looking to hire a team of digital sellers across various markets. This position will be Bentonville based and reports directly to our Head of Shopper Marketing. The ideal candidate will be a ‘hunter’ with an established network of Shopper Marketing decision makers, both brand direct and agency. Direct contacts are at senior, decision maker level.
The ideal candidate is an energetic self-starter with an authoritative approach to consultative selling. To have ‘authority’, the candidate must be a trusted member of the Shopper Marketing community with experience and relationships with a deep network of Shopper Marketing budget holders. This candidate is responsible for planning, developing, and implementing digital sales strategies, committing to creating new advertising opportunities, and achieving sales goals. To be successful, the candidate must be results-driven, continuously cultivate client relationships, have strong creative skills, be detail-oriented, and knowledgeable of industry trends, as well as having passion for social media and the digital advertising market.
• Be (or become) an expert on all things social media, WHOSAY’s product offering, positioning, pricing and competitor differences
• Develop, manage, and track a territory/account plan to sales goals
• Effectively prospect potential clients through personal CPG, retail, agency and other lead sources (including cold calling).
• Understand client business objectives, propose and close strategic solutions leveraging WHOSAY and Viacom products.
• History of and ability to close six and seven figure deals by demonstrating strategic value at all levels of a client organization
• Establish and cultivate strong relationships by conducting face to face sales calls and client entertainment
• Work within a best-in-class activation process powered by an internal group of top creative, activation, production & media professionals
• Proactively communicate account forecasts and sales information to leadership
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 5 years experience selling strategic digital marketing solutions to CPG and /or retail clients
• In depth understanding of Shopper Marketing principles, and an understanding of grocery, mass and club retail channels. (eg. Walmart,
Sam’s Club, Target, Albertsons, Walgreens, etc.) Additionally, experience in eCommerce and specialty retail channels a plus.
• Sharp, detail-oriented, thorough and assertive
• Creativity; especially around retail activation. Ability to conceptualize and communicate creative concepts effectively and with color
• Passion for social media and shopper marketing
• Knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and other online and shopper media platforms
• Show a high degree of self-motivation and independence, working well both as an individual and within a team environment
• Proven track record of success driving revenue through the development of long-term strategic relationships
• Excellent communication, analytical, time management and presentation skills
• Customer focused with a demonstrated track record of developing successful account relationships
• High-energy individual who thrives in a start-up environment