Director, Production Operations
Full Time Job
The Director of Production Operations is responsible for all aspects of the post-production process for short and long-form content produced by Viacom Media Networks. Most importantly, the Director of Production Operations is responsible for ensuring delivery protocols as outlined by the Network, as well as the NOC, covering platforms including (but not limited to) linear, digital, VOD, DTO, mobile and social media. The Director of Production Operations is the key contact between series, production management and various lines of business, communicating technical requirements and ensuring delivery of assets.
Responsibilities & Duties:
The Director of Production Operations oversees the delivery process from top-level, as it relates to individual productions delivering content to the network. This individual is a liaison between the production, the studio and the network. They must see to it that all scheduling and technical concerns (as they relate to post production) are followed and it is their responsibility to alert the VP of Post Production, the Line Producer of their show(s) and the GM/SVP of the Studio to any problems that may arise that would cause the production to miss delivery/air dates that fall outside of the agreed upon Post Production budget or not adhere to Viacom technical standards. This individual works with each production to review and define the production guidelines as requested by the network. In addition, this position serves as liaison between groups to problem-solve creative challenges tied to delivery of content for a multitude of projects and platforms (promos, app, linear, digital, VOD, DTO, mobile and social media).
• Ensure delivery protocols and technical standards are being upheld. This will include site visits to third party production companies and post facilities (with occasional travel) in order to confirm all technical standards meet Viacom’s needs.
• Troubleshoot to define post and delivery contingency plans as needed, and manage network expectations both internally within Viacom and externally with producers. Facilitate special requests in timely manner between production and various lines of business; supervise delivery of assets
• Educate personnel on various post-production technologies and delivery methods
• Update internal and external personnel on the status of projects, requests
• Provide hire recommendations as requested for show post production teams, including but not limited to post supervisors, coordinators, PA, editors, and AE’s.
• Establish and maintain post facility relationships with various vendors in Los Angeles, New York and throughout the world, and recommend post facilities as needed.
• Advise on post production budget line items as requested by Viacom’s Production Management department.
• 5 years prior experience as a Post Production Supervisor or network Post Production Executive.
• Possess knowledge of animation and live action production process, both in HD and 4K.
• Understanding of the broadcast chain
• Knowledge of local post facilities and freelance post-production personnel.
• High level understanding of post production-related technology, including but not limited to:
• After Effects
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
• Ability to perform well under pressure
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize projects effectively
• Adaptable to change
• Team Player