Director, Partner Solutions--Viacom Media Networks
Full Time Job
MPS is a Solutions Sales Organization, putting client needs first and bringing tailored opportunities to our clients based on their marketing needs. We lead conversations around broader marketing areas, including Experiential, Social/Branded Content, Influencer and Shopper Marketing in addition to traditional ad sales. Our solutions are powered by cutting edge marketing and data capabilities, in the context of premium content and engaged audiences.
The Director, Partner Solutions (Director) is a highly skilled sales person and a strategic business thinker, who is deeply knowledgeable of their clients’ business. The Director tailors the collective power of our portfolio of brands and products to solve for individual client needs. This role acts as the central point person within all of MPS for their assigned accounts, and is responsible for all relationships and the achievement of the budget on that business, through the development, coordination, and implementation of the account strategies and plans.
This position is responsible for business across all networks, platforms, and MPS/Viacom products, driving our client-centric solutions sales approach. The Director reports to the VP, Partner Solutions.
• Responsible for the achievement of the budget on the assigned accounts
• Understands not only clients’ advertising needs, but their overall business, marketing strategy, and challenges
• Develops a Viacom sales strategy for the account with stakeholders across the company – including account plans and relationship maps - tailoring our portfolio of brands, products, and services to the client’s needs
• Portfolio approach - represent all Viacom brands, all MPS products and any relevant Viacom products or assets – including Experiential, Social/Branded Content, Influencer and Shopper Marketing
• Responsible for negotiating and maintaining Upfront and Scatter deals along with VP/SVP with support of SSEs, Planners, and CSRs
• Director will assess each product applicability to client needs and provide revenue projections for each
• Director assumes lead relationship management role for client marketing teams and agency planning/buying groups
• Responsible for identifying additional decision makers/influencers at client and agencies in an effort to grow business across VMN portfolio
Skills and Qualifications
• BA or equivalent degree required, MBA a plus
• 7 years of experience in one or more areas including: Advertising Sales, Marketing Solutions Sales, Tech/Data Sales, or Media/Agency Management
• Strong consultative selling skills, solutions mindset and demonstrated ability to develop client relationships with key decision makers
• Ability to apply a range of problem-solving skills to client’s business challenges, and boldly and creatively turn them into tailored solutions
• Ability to operate with multiple monetization models - traditional advertising (TV, Digital), data, content creation, social, experiential, shopper, etc.
• Demonstrated internal and external leadership skills- ability to communicate and function as a collaborator/account strategist across multiple groups within Viacom
• Flexible, self-motivated, open to change and new growth areas
• Team player, collaborator and contributor to the larger organization, people and culture
• Excellent communication skills