Director, International Trade Marketing
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Director of International Trade Marketing is a new role designed to:
• align support for all revenue driving departments under one structure to scale and coordinate strategies, resources, ideas and messaging
• ensure strategies and creative being developed from VIMN HQ are created in consultation with, and then disseminated, across the brands, and clusters
On a day to day level, the role will take over the planning and management of trade events (including sales markets), manage client focused events, oversee an international trade calendar, manage Viacom’s international B2B branding [and help manage the Paramount relationship for VIMN Velocity].
Client groups will include Viacom International Studios (VIS), Content Distribution, Velocity, LBE, and Corporate. The Role will dual report into VIS Marketing, and Viacom International Content Distribution Marketing.
• TRADE EVENTS: Plan and organize trade shows (booth, creative, messaging, executive attendance); create materials (including briefs for tapes), entertainment and client events.
• Drive media/ad buys in key international trades and leverage relationships to get added value. Work closely with Communications team to strategize keynotes, panelists, etc. for key industry events.
• CLIENT FOCUSED RELATIONSHIP EVENTS: Drive Event / Workshop Strategy for partners - MVPDs, Velocity Mobile partners, etc. Partner with local team to execute and organize event.
• SALES MATERIALS AND SALES APPS: oversee the creation of all sales materials, brand decks, product and show sales sheets, sizzles, presentations, etc.
• SHORT FORM (VIACOM DIGITAL STUDIOS INTERNATIONAL): Partner with Vice President to create a full short form sales proposition, including materials, positioning documents, internal communications.
• PARAMOUNT STUDIO RELATIONSHIP: Partner with the Velocity Multimarket adsales team to help manage the Paramount International client relationship (from an adsales/sponsorship perspective)
• The role will bridge the trade activities of two VIMN departments (Nickelodeon, and Content Distribution), which are part of the same overall marketing team; the role will also partner with the MTV and Comedy Central marketing teams to ensure their inclusion in all relevant decision making; the role will have the visibility to ensure alignment across the groups, and ensure communication and partnership across the company.
• The ideal candidate will be a super organized, process driven, and highly creative marketing executive, with a passion for bringing brands to life. The candidate will have a background in organizing large trade events, and managing internal partners to achieve his/her desired project goals.
The role will bridge the trade activities of two VIMN departments (VIS and Content Distribution), which are part of the same overall marketing team; the role will also partner with the Nickelodeon, MTV, and Comedy Central international marketing teams
• Bachelor’s degree
• 7 years of product licensing, trade marketing or business to business marketing experience
• Experience in a matrix organization, partnering with multiple vested interests
• Trade Marketing or Business to Business marketing experience
• Excellent oral, written, and communication skills
• A strong flair for design and creative expertise
• Strong communication, organizational, and follow up skills
• Strategic and creative thinker
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Good organizational and follow-up skills
• Ability to effectively interface with all levels of management
• Experience in media sector, working with big and emerging brands and properties
• Strong interest and understanding of the Viacom’s brands, as well as pop & kid culture
• Ability to travel