Director, Culture and Creative Insights - Velocity
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Velocity is seeking a Director, Culture and Creative Insights. We are a branded content studio. Our main goal is to ensure that our brand partners are always a part of the cultural conversation. We offer full-service marketing capabilities delivering custom content and creative solutions across all of our platforms and experiences, driving value for our partners and loyalty with our fans. Long story short, we make killer brand driven content wherever and whenever our partners want it.
Velocity Culture & Creative Insights is responsible for unearthing insights about different audiences and the cultural context in which they exist. The Director will lead cross-disciplinary working team(s) to support business development ensuring that tight briefs are developed that support Velocity’s creative and brainstorming process. To achieve this the Director will need to synthesize research, conduct cultural audits to formulate perspectives on youth culture and simply be a purveyor of culture. The Director will also partner with a cross-disciplinary team in the development of Velocity’s thought leadership and the marketing components associated with it including client presentations, programming media industry panels etc.
You should be passionate about youth culture, and able to cultivate, define and lead a wide variety of projects. Have an entrepreneurial spirit backed by experience is a must in this role as you’ll work closely with our ad sales teams to develop business and brand strategies. You'll also oversee product and service innovations, curate insights, develop creative briefs, communications and experiences. Specific responsibilities include:
• Lead cross-disciplinary working team(s) dedicated to developing specific project deliverables
• In support of business development and launching engagements develop brainstorming and creative briefs
• Lead and cultivate client relationships through development and execution of projects, including presentation of interim and final deliverables
• Drive thought-leadership, including original IP, synthesis of research, audits of industry and business thinking, and cultural news to formulate new products for VCCI and its partners
• Collaborate with partners across VCCI and Viacom’s portfolio of brands to develop and present client deliverables
• Oversee project timelines, budgets, materials production, event planning, etc.
• 8 years in communications strategy development in a marketing/advertising agency or brand strategy consulting in an account planning or account management role or equivalent.
• Strategic and analytical thinker with excellent written, verbal communication, collaboration and presentation skills
• Proven ability to shepherd projects from start to finish
• An innate knowledge of the value of brands in the marketplace and how to manage their needs as clients
• Robust connection to and passion for culture and cross-disciplinary thinking
• Strong interpersonal, relationship-development and leadership skills
• A problem solver attitude and the desire to tackle projects with the gusto of a startup employee
• Impeccably high standards for quality work
• A high degree of emotional intelligence
• Familiarity with Integrated Marketing and/or Ad Sales a plus
• Knowledge of media industries a plus
• Willing to travel