Director, Corporate Communications - International
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A key member of the Viacom International Media Networks Communications team, the Director of Communications is a creative, strategic, media-savvy and forward-thinking individual who is comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders to support the company’s business and communications objectives. Responsibilities will span corporate and brand communications initiatives internally and externally.
• Support the development and execution of communications strategies for corporate priorities and core lines of business (e.g. multiplatform/content, consumer products, research, affiliate, ad sales, etc).
• Draft materials including releases, pitch letters, blog posts, communications strategies, statements, internal announcements, executive messaging, etc.
• Research competitive stories that provide background on our businesses.
• Identify and secure impactful speaking opportunities for VIMN senior executives.
• Organize photo shoots, internal events and key corporate meetings.
• Support events such as corporate town halls, industry and public affairs events, and executive speaking engagements.
• Handle issues and crisis management scenarios.
Internal Communications and Employee Engagement
• Develop and execute employee engagement initiatives and internal communications campaigns and tactics that support VIMN’s business and employee engagement objectives via platforms such as:
• Content Development
Brand Support / Talent Relations (Comedy Central, Paramount)
• Develop and execute strategic communications campaigns that incorporate a smart blend of new and traditional tactics for brand channel launches, series and digital/social initiatives to support key priorities.
• Collaborate across teams including social, digital, creative, marketing and sponsorship.
• Execute media relations efforts to support key brand initiatives while managing and growing journalist and influencer relationships.
• Work in partnership and liaise regularly with international and domestic press teams, outside agencies and clients.
• Manage press junkets, media tours and talent relations.
• Participate in the ongoing development of systems and processes to advance the collection, maintenance and distribution of press assets.
• Lead international press efforts and strategy around domestic award shows.
• Manage all aspects of event related press and logistics including: international media accreditation allotment; red carpet placement; studio/set visits, executive producer or talent interviews, rehearsal access, venue and gift bag, tours.
• 8-10 years of professional communications and/or PR experience, preferably in entertainment/media industry
• Excellent media relationships and proven media relations results
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Expertise in social media
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
• Solid problem solving skills
• Highly motivated, self-starter who takes initiative
• Resourceful and able to work independently
• Strong collaborator/ team player
• Experience with issues management
• Willingness and ability to travel outside of the US a must