Director, Business Transformation
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom is in the midst of a business transformation and we are continually evolving, innovating and building a world-class office of Transformation. Our company-wide strategic transformation programs are focused on changes to our operating model, enabling our strategic priorities, helping to support Viacom’s emerging businesses, and pursuing continuous improvement. Led by Viacom’s Chief Transformation Officer, the Transformation Office is responsible for developing and executing revenue and cost transformation initiatives consistent with Viacom’s strategic plan.
The role of Director, Business Transformation will report directly to the team’s Senior Vice Presidents. You will support the SVPs in driving the financial results and qualitative elements related to the execution of already identified initiatives in the current year budget and helping the SVPs in identifying initiatives for next year’s budget. The team will focus on general transformation initiatives as well as organizational design across all divisions at Viacom, including those associated with sourcing, technology, ad sales, facilities, among others. The position will support the SVPs in detailed analytical work that will require interacting with and having the respect of various business leaders across the organization.
may include but will not be limited to the following:
• Assist in executing already identified initiatives related to cost optimization and revenue opportunities for current budget year across the business.
• Assist in identifying areas of cost and revenue opportunity for the following budget year.
• Data gathering and analyses
• Help create a continuous improvement culture that automatically drives next year’s initiatives on a consistent basis, ultimately to generate multi-year value creation strategies.
• Help translate Viacom’s strategy to transformation objectives, metrics and initiatives.
• Help identify potential gaps and being able to immediately address with additional initiatives.
• Stay abreast of process trends and leading practices occurring in the marketplace and work with management to facilitate strategic direction and process enhancement.
• Effectively partner with Sourcing, Technology, Ad Sales organizations, among others in planning and effecting all initiatives.
• Own the score-keeping of all initiatives for which the team is responsible.
• Link to FP&A and controllership to ensure proper accounting of all the initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
• 7 years of relevant work experience
• Experience in driving cost improvements in third-party spend and/or technology investments. Experience in organizational design practice and theory is a plus.
• Ability to thrive in a fast, high intensity, deadline driven environment, dealing with multiple projects.
• Strong interpersonal skills, with a good holistic understanding of company organization and politics.
• Strong quantitative skills.
• Ability to navigate across all levels in the organization.
• Ability to present at senior levels of an organization.
• Ability to structure complex and ambiguous problems to develop insights & approaches.
• Strong organization and project management skills, with attention to detail.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Intellectual curiosity, creativity, tenacity.
• Experience with a top transformation consulting practice or in-house consulting organization in a Fortune 100 company, a plus.