Director - Business Planning & Strategic Analysis
Full Time Job
This role develops sales and retail account forecasts, informs assortment and pricing decisions, and helps manage top line and bottom line growth for our business with Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Ingram Entertainment, Alliance Entertainment, and many others. Most importantly, this role serves as a leader within the business intelligence team to offer recommendations on how to manage and improve the domestic physical distribution business.
This position requires cross functional interaction with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations and successful candidates will have strong analytical and problem solving skills, a passion for entertainment products, and strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual must be able to analyze large amounts of operational & financial data to assess and review performance of our products. They must be well organized, detail oriented and able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines.
• Lead two managers to develop annual revenue plans for all lines of business.
• Work directly with sales managers to deliver Paramount’s business objectives.
• Directly interface with senior management to report and scorecard account performance on a regular basis.
• Make recommendations and propose profit improvement opportunities based on key trends and drivers.
• Develop tracking to monitor daily sales trends and key industry learnings.
• Analyze performance to identify areas of risk or opportunity, and create plans to mitigate or accelerate those
• Present new reporting and dashboards to support better forecasting, planning, and performance measurement
• Other tasks as needed on an ad hoc basis
• 8 years of sales planning, strategic analysis, and/or financial planning experience
• Outstanding Excel & PowerPoint skills (top 10%)
• Experience with Microstrategy or other business intelligence platforms
• Technically savvy with ability to navigate complex enterprise systems
• Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a fast-paced, collaborative corporate environment but with a start up mentality: highly self-directed, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels
• Bachelor level degree in business, finance, economics or mathematics, MBA preferred
• Solid understanding of physical retail landscape.
• Passion for working with business partners to identify opportunities, innovate, and deliver results
• Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional analytic and quantitative capabilities
• Prior experience analyzing customer profitability and promotional effectiveness desired.
• Outstanding communications skills with all levels of an organization and across geographies
• Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities