Director, Business Planning & Strategic Analysis
Full Time Job
You develop sales and retail account forecasts, inform assortment and pricing decisions, and helps lead top line and bottom line growth for our business with Amazon, Best Buy, Target, Ingram Entertainment, Alliance Entertainment, and many others. Most meaningfully, You serve as a leader within the business intelligence team to offer recommendations on how to handle and improve the domestic physical distribution business.
We require cross functional interaction with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Operations and you will have strong analytics and problem solving, a real passion for entertainment products. You will analyze large amounts of operational & financial data to assess and review performance of our products. You are well organized, detail oriented, and are able to perform a variety of tasks under time pressure and strict deadlines.
• You lead two managers to develop annual revenue plans for all lines of business.
• We work directly with sales managers to deliver Paramount’s business objectives.
• You directly work with senior management to report and scorecard account performance on a regular basis.
• Make recommendations and propose profit improvement opportunities based on key trends and drivers.
• You develop tracking to monitor daily sales trends and key industry findings.
• You analyze performance to identify areas of risk or opportunity, and craft plans to mitigate or accelerate those
• Present new reporting and dashboards to support better forecasting, planning, and performance measurement
• 8 years of sales planning, strategic analysis, and/or financial planning experience
• Exceptional Excel & PowerPoint skills (top 10%)
• Experience with MicroStrategy or other business intelligence platforms
• Technically savvy with ability to navigate complex enterprise systems
• Enthusiasm and aptitude for working in a dynamic, collaborative corporate environment but with a start up mentality: highly focused, results-oriented and able to work at both strategic and tactical levels
• Bachelor level degree in business, finance, economics or mathematics, MBA preferred
• Deep understanding of physical retail landscape.
• You have passion for working with business partners to see opportunities, innovate, and deliver results
• Strong intellectual curiosity and problem-solving skills
• Exceptional analytic and quantitative capabilities
• Prior experience analyzing customer profitability and promotional effectiveness desired.
• Excellent communications skills with all levels of an organization and across geographies
• Comfortable with ambiguity, a fast pace and changing priorities