Director, Audience Engagement
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Director, Audience Engagement -Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN)
The Director of Audience Engagement develops and executes Global Music Social Media programs. S/he oversees daily account operations, content schedules and constantly evaluates posting strategies for effectiveness and improvements. This position will work closely with other brand teams like Marketing, Development, Programming, Press, VDSI and others, to lead content creation and grow our social communities, drive engagement and integrate social media in our music campaigns and offerings.
• Lead audience engagement for MTV international tentpole events, music programming and originals.
• Manage and monitor daily posting calendar across multiple music and tentpole accounts.
• Manage central INTL music social team while working collaboratively with local MTV digital teams on campaign launches, best practices, new opportunities, and more.
• Oversee social content and influencer marketing strategy for key initiatives, developing the high level strategy while managing the daily details of content development and campaign launches.
• Work on music initiatives with social platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, etc) to bring beta opportunities to MTV & be first-to-market at the global level.
• Conceive of new ways to innovate in the music/TV space, creating new opportunities to engage local and global audiences.
• Lead editorial content and structure to reflect changing trends with social video at the core.
• Develop and maintain relationships with influencers.
• Partner with senior members of cross-functional teams like TAM, marketing, and VDSI to secure music talent for content and successfully launch global initiatives.
• Work with BI and VDSI to produce data-driven actionable insights from campaign metrics to apply learnings to future campaigns and events.
• Develop paid media plans and partner with Velocity team to conceive creative ideas and execute against social partnerships and sponsors.
• Brainstorm with wider brand teams around social content offerings that take into account current trends and create creative briefs and presentations.
• Provide expertise to help improve workflows of social content deliveries and analytics (ex. Falcon).
• Work with wider organization to audit measurement, influencer and listening tools annually and provide recommendations for optimization, as needed (ex. Tubular, Julius).
• Ensure content efforts consider localization for our markets.
• Bachelors degree required
• 7 years of experience within Social Media Content Development (focus on growing an audience)
• Expert user and intimate familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, Instagram, YouTube, and subtleties of each
• Self-starter and creative thinker who can contribute out-of-the-box ideas and strategies
• Strong understanding of business strategies and bringing value to organization with actionable data-driven approach
• Proficient in social media content creation (both static and motion), up to date on trends and the latest content types being created in the social / entertainment industry space
• Experience developing campaigns that drive engagement in social media from inception to execution
• Ability to create and analyze reports using key metrics to drive overall social strategy
• Experienced user of major social publishing, reporting, and listening tools (ex. Omniture, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Google Analytics, etc.)
• Experience with Youtube CMS and ContentID
• Previous xperience in an international environment
• Ability to speak another language, preferred
• Highly organized and comfortable juggling many projects at once while meeting tight deadlines
• Calm and diplomatic approach to working with multiple cultures and personalities