Full Time Job
LOCATION: Hawley Crescent
DEPARTMENT/ REGION: International and UK Creative
DATE: October 2018
MANAGER: Creative Director
What's the gig?
Which means. . .
The Designer role is key to bringing our brand to life on screen, on the ground and off air. This role within the fast moving and dynamic Creative Department will work on graphic design projects, internal and external across Viacom's portfolio of channels, including both local and international initiatives as well as work on projects and collaborate with external design agencies. The Designer will have good knowledge of advertising, promotion, social and digital landscape and would be required to approach all projects with the bigger picture in mind. They would be working across a wide range of integrated 360 campaigns and projects including promos, commercials, print, packaging, branding and on-screen and provide support to the rest of the team.
We create, design and package high profile multi-platform marketing campaigns for show launches as well as creating GFX identity for properties across the wider international business as well as branding on the ground live events, i.e. the EMA’s.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed cross brand creative, design, production and media hub, with the ambition of becoming the best in class across the broadcast industry dedicated to delivering innovative and award winning creative that span all platforms across our Viacom consumer brands including Channel 5, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon.
Key responsibilites. . .
• Create and produce design projects across MTV International and UK’s network
• Creatively execute our brand in all assets created for MTV
• Work across projects ranging from channel rebrands, commercials, promos, print, packaging and on screen elements; ensuring all gfx adhere to brand guidelines both locally and internationally
• To contribute a strong creative style and voice to a brief that will enhance the brand On Air
• To support the team to create image campaigns and identities
• Excellent knowledge of the MTV brands and schedule is essential, as is the ability to produce fresh and unexpected ideas for promoting it
• A good knowledge of the TV and post-production environment will ensure the ability to work under considerable pressure in a fast moving and very creative department
• A sound knowledge of MTV UK’s competitors in particular, the social and digital landscape and the wider UK television multi-channel landscape in general, are also important
• To create and deliver all graphics elements to deadline
• To create and deliver all graphics elements within budget
• To work closely, support and help the producers to realise graphic solutions and add coherent graphic value to on air material
• Liaise closely with the TX link team to ensure correct implementation of gfx
• To be up to date with the latest design and youth culture trends. Understanding of the visual language of the audience
• To recommend new technology and creative solutions
• To work across all departments at MTV to create design solutions where required
• Implement compelling, effective and relevant design at all times
• Ensuring creative excellence at all times across the portfolio
Must have these ninja skills . . .
• Experience in broadcast graphics, not essential if you have a strong reel
• Expert in AE, in photoshop and illustrator
• Proficiency in C4D would be amazing. Would lean towards someone with 3D capabilities if photoshop and illustrator skills weren’t as strong
• Excellent understanding of the animation principles
• Excellent understanding of design principles including typography and layout
• Well-rounded experience in film and post production techniques
• Thorough understanding of social and digital landscape and it’s visual language
• Thorough understanding of the MTV network brands
• Good knowledge of MTV’s digital brands and social landscape across the board
• Strong organisational skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Highly creative
• Passionate about design
• Good team player
• Patient and good under pressure
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.