Full Time Job
LOCATION: Hawley Crescent
DEPARTMENT/ REGION: International and UK Creative
DATE: October 2018
MANAGER: Senior Creative
What’s the gig?
Which means . . .
Working within the UK and International Creative promo team, the main responsibilities include, creating on air promos and multiplatform media assets across our entertainment and music network channels. Excellent idea generation, scripting and editing skills are required. Interest in directing shoots will be encouraged but is not essential. This position sits within the promo team of the UK and International Creative department, which provides promotions, packaging, design and branding for MTV UK’s 11 channel network as well as international promo initiatives.
This role will be involved in the cutting of on air weekly promos and promotional campaigns. You will be expected to regularly script and edit for a wide variety of stunts and shows which appear across the network. You must be able to work as a team member on longer term projects involving other team members, freelancers and external parties.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a newly formed cross brand creative, design, production and media hub, with the ambition of becoming the best in class across the broadcast industry dedicated to delivering innovative and award winning creative that span all platforms across our Viacom consumer brands including Channel 5, Comedy Central, MTV and Nickelodeon.
• To script and produce promos
• To self-edit these promos on Adobe Premiere
• To direct voiceovers and oversee audio mixing
• To contribute a strong creative style that will enhance the brand On Air
• Develop a very good knowledge of the MTV and Digital brands and an excellent understanding of the MTV UK schedule in order to come up with ideas for promoting it that are fresh and unexpected
• To work to agreed budgets
• To work to tight deadlines and under pressure to deliver consistently strong promotional ideas.
• To work with senior team members on wider projects
• A good knowledge of the TV and post-production environment will ensure the ability to work under considerable pressure in a fast moving and very creative department
• Knowledge of the MTV UK and International brands and an understanding of the MTV UK schedule, will be needed to provide the ability to produce fresh and unexpected ideas for promoting it
• Knowledge of MTV UK’s competitors in particular, and the wider television multi-channel landscape in general, as well as an awareness of international MTV Promo work
• An understanding of the MTV International markets is important as you will be part of campaigns that are delivered to the wider teams
Must have these ninja skills . . .
• Good script writing skills and a broad knowledge of post-production, audio, VO and graphics
• An enthusiasm for new creative technology and the desire to learn new skills, especially in the area of desk top editing and graphics production
• An understanding of digital platforms and social media
• Ability to work within a compact creative team and to interact in a friendly and professional way with other departments and outside clients
• To be proficient at Adobe Premiere (or at least an experienced editor with some experience on Adobe Premiere or willingness to learn it)
• To have an understanding 3D/2D animation and graphic design
• To be competent at supervising online/offline edits
• Experience gained within a production / on air environment
• A good understanding of the TV and post production environment
• Knowledge of MAC and PC
• Excellent problem solving and the ability to work under considerable pressure in a very creative department
• Up to date knowledge of OFCOM regulations
• Good team worker, understanding of the wider UK culture, responsible and creative approach to problem solving
• Able to demonstrate up to date music, entertainment and popular culture knowledge and enthusiasm
This job description is a guide to the work you will be initially required to undertake. It may be changed from time to time to meet changing circumstances. It does not form part of your contract of employment and as your experience grows you will be expected to broaden your tasks, suggest improvements, solve problems and enhance the effectiveness of the role. This spec summaries the main aspects of the job but does not cover all the duties that the job holder may have to perform.
At Viacom, we value and celebrate difference. We want to ensure that we fully represent the make-up of UK society in our workforce as well as bringing diverse perspectives to our business. We want to make sure that Diversity and Inclusion are not just buzz words; we truly want to foster an authentic inclusive environment, where all employees feel that they can bring their whole selves to work.
Our Recruitment Privacy Notice for Viacom entities in the EEA and Switzerland is available here.