Full Time Job
This position is responsible for providing legal and commercial support to the sales/business development executives and contract administration, finance and marketing groups of the Worldwide Television Licensing and Home Media Distribution division.
to include, but not limited to:
• Perform legal affairs functions in connection with Paramount’s physical, television and digital distribution of motion picture and television content worldwide, with a focus on pay TV, basic TV, free TV, SVOD, FVOD, VOD, EST, PPV, and packaged media discs.
• Handle all aspects of licensing matters, including drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement, and consulting on the management and administration of active agreements.
• Assist with matters related to licensing, sales and distribution, including acquisitions, content protection, MPA initiatives, rights conflict analysis, collective management issues, regulatory compliance, and retail sales agreements.
• Structure, negotiate and draft vendor agreements for services and commodities related to distribution activities.
• Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from and provide advice to commercial, finance, operations and marketing executives.
• Coordinate and liaise with multiple Paramount offices worldwide.
• Provide ancillary legal affairs support to other groups or divisions, as needed.
• Admission to State Bar of California or New York required
• Outstanding academic credentials
• Minimum 3 years solid experience at a top law firm or media company handling matters involving or related to licensing and distribution.
• Experience and working knowledge in contract analysis and review, negotiations, documentation and compliance.
• Ability to work in partnership with the sales, operations, marketing and business development, finance, tax and technology groups.
• Ability to interact positively and professionally with licensee clients and all levels of management and staff.
• Be results-oriented with a track record of gaining management credibility and influencing business results.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.