Counsel, Media and Technology
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Counsel for the Multiplatform Ad Sales, Business Development and Digital Team, Viacom Media Networks Business and Legal Affairs group will be supporting advertising, technology and media transactions. Responsibilities include enterprise technology and IT infrastructure support, multiplatform advertising sales and operations, product development, research and data licensing, information security, anti-piracy and distribution. Work on a variety of complex transactions for various business areas across all Viacom Media Networks programming services and the Viacom Media and Technology Services group supporting Viacom Media Networks, Black Entertainment Television and Paramount Pictures. This position reports to the Senior Vice President.
• Structure, draft and negotiate services agreements, software development agreements, enterprise software and software-as-a-service licenses, hardware licenses, agreements relating to the purchase and sale of advertising across linear, digital and emerging platforms, data licenses, strategic alliances, integrated marketing agreements and distribution and license agreements in all media platforms.
• Advise and counsel a broad range of client groups representing all Viacom Media Networks programming services and the Viacom Media and Technology Services group on a variety of complex business and legal matters, including responsibility for, or key involvement in, developing and implementing policies, practices and strategic initiatives across business and legal teams.
• Knowledge of software and technology services and digital media required, with experience required in one or more of the following areas: software licensing and development, ad sales operations, social media, data licensing, privacy, copyright, anti-piracy and other intellectual property laws, distribution, licensing and entertainment.
• J.D. and minimum of 2 years of relevant large law firm and/or media company experience required.
• New York Bar membership requirement.
• Qualified candidates should possess excellent drafting, negotiation, communication and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task to cover a high volume of deals and work independently is an absolute requirement.