Counsel, Business and Legal Affairs
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Counsel position will support the Knowledge Management function which captures and disseminates knowledge for strategic advantage; specifically, it provides and optimizes processes and resources (including templates, guidelines, training, and advice) for Viacom Media Networks, Business and Legal Affairs.
• Work closely with the VP to execute on strategic and operational priorities across all programming brands of Viacom Media Networks, in partnership with other Business and Legal Affairs colleagues, particularly those whose focus is on the content and related businesses (e.g., development, production, marketing).
• Exchange information, and cooperate to produce resources, with other legal departments as necessary (e.g., IP, Litigation, Production Content Review, Labor & Employment, Music & Media Licensing, Risk Management, Tax).
• Perform detailed comparative and other analyses of language and deal terms in agreements and templates, and make recommendations.
• Extensive drafting, especially synthesis of multiple sources. Create, maintain, and optimize internal-advisory resources (e.g., deal guidelines) and templates.
• JD; New York Bar licensed and in good standing.
• A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in full-time contract review &/or drafting, preferably in corporate or IP context, preferably at large law firm(s).
• Microsoft Word expert. Concise, clear drafter; perfectionist with details. Skilled with processes; superior follow through.
• Must be detail oriented.
• SharePoint, IT/process/systems
• Media &/or entertainment industry related legal issues
• PowerPoint, Excel
• Excellent academic credentials