Coordinator, Marketing - Distribution & Business Development
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Viacom Media Networks Distribution & Business Development is the team responsible for negotiating distribution agreements, maximizing revenue, and marketing opportunities from traditional (Comcast, DirecTV, Verizon FiOS, etc.), digital (Netflix, Amazon, Hulu, etc.) and new media distribution channels while ensuring that fans can discover and engage with Viacom content on every available device and platform.
As the Marketing Coordinator, you will help execute overall partner marketing objectives and strategies in conjunction with various cable, satellite, telco and digital distributors to drive distributor and Viacom revenues, reinforce the value of the Viacom Media Network Brands and increase exposure and ratings.
• You will assist the Director in the development and execution of partner-specific marketing campaigns and partnerships across the portfolio of brands.
• You will develop creative briefs and manage brand message, image and presence in the routing of distributor campaigns and materials.
• You will keep ongoing dialogue with brand contacts (marketing, programming, creative, research, legal, press etc.) to act as the brand liaison and expert to the department and distribution partners.
• You will attend brand and distributor meetings to collect and relay meaningful information and priorities back to the team.
• You will maintain all distributor and brand information including programming calendars, promotion trackers, marketing newsletters, ratings trackers, Viacom affiliate website, and other Viacom systems.
• You will research and identify industry trends that will impact distribution and marketing plans in the short and long-term.
• You will collaborate with peers to share best practices and recommend campaigns and opportunities.
• Bachelor’s degree
• You have 1-2 years of professional marketing experience (excluding internships)
• You have a passion for entertainment, media, emerging platforms/media apps/tech, and client service
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Photoshop
• Organized with the ability to balance multiple projects in a dynamic environment
• Strong research and analytical skills
• Strong social skills, excellent written and oral communications skills as required to interface across multiple levels and groups
• Can-do self-starter, ability to learn quickly, be flexible and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape