Full Time Job
This position is responsible for providing legal and general support to assist the international theatrical distribution legal team.
to include, but not limited to:
• Analyze and prepare a variety of agreements including dubbing contributor agreements, vendor agreements, and other contracts for review, approval, and use by attorneys.
• Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from, and provide advice to attorneys and operations executives.
• Coordinate and liaise with multiple international Paramount offices.
• Provide ancillary legal support to other internal groups or divisions as needed.
• Coordinate and liaise with other internal groups and third party licensors regarding delivery materials for motion picture acquisitions, and track and manage such materials.
• Prepare and maintain various reports, letters, other documents including territorial certificates, quarterly litigation report, and nomination of special pictures letters.
• Filing, management, and retrieval of documents.
• Review and development of form agreements.
• Perform legal support functions in connection with Paramount’s international theatrical distribution operations.
• Bachelor’s Degree and/or paralegal certificate (ABA school preferred)
• Minimum 3 years paralegal experience
• Proficiency with Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet software
• Strong analytical abilities, excellent writing/drafting skills and teamwork-oriented attitude.
• Ability to multitask in a manner that moves multiple projects forward.
• Ability to work proactively and with the appropriate level of independence, while exercising good judgment and making sound decisions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
• Ability to undertake and resolve matters requiring creative alternatives and innovative solutions.
• Experience and working knowledge in contract analysis, review, and documentation involving international transactions.
• Ability to work in partnership with the company's business areas, including operations, business development, and technology.
• Ability to interact positively and professionally with distribution partners, vendors and all levels of management and staff.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Experience and working knowledge in acquisition and localization of motion pictures content a plus.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong drafting, organizational and time management skills