Coordinator, International Communications
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN) Communications team is seeking a full-time coordinator to provide extensive editorial and administrative support and assist in developing and executing a broad range of projects across all of VIMN’s brands and lines of business. Reporting to the SVP and VP of the team, you will work closely with all members of the VIMN NY Communications team.
The role includes, but is not limited to: calendar management, travel arrangements, expense and budget management, creating and updating documents, crafting presentations, and communicating with internal and external groups.
Areas of responsibility:Administrative Support
• Book meeting rooms, organize and schedule video and telephone conferences, order office supplies, book travel arrangements for SVP & VP, support talent or group travel.
• Expense and budget management
• Presentation support
• Organize and maintain press assets (e.g., press artwork, media coverage, press releases) for key programming priorities across brands on departmental shared drive and intranet.
• Compile international media coverage and prepare press digests for key programming priorities that are distributed across the company.
• Help manage planning documents for talent press trips, key events (e.g., MTV Video Music Awards, MTV EMA), etc.
• Assist with talent opportunities and interviews as needed.
• Transcribe, proofread and edit talent Q&As as needed.
• Brainstorm pitch ideas for international programming premieres and key events (e.g., KCAs, Movie Awards, MTV EMA), etc.
• Support internal and external events with respect to venue coordinating, travel, technology
• Compile regional updates into VIMN Weekly Press Report.
• Compile international media coverage reports for various corporate communications initiatives.
• Help to maintain global calendars and fact sheets.
• College degree
• 1 year of experience in an office environment in the public relations/communications field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
• Deep understanding of social media and online trends
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
• Willingness to occasionally work longer hours and on weekends as necessary during events, tentpoles, etc.
• Proficiency in Photoshop, CITIA, InDesign, iMovie a plus
• Strong organizational, social skills and writing skills
• Detail-oriented, self-starter with proven ability to take direction well in a busy working environment
• Professional demeanor with ability to handle matters of a confidential nature
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at a time and prioritize effectively
• Interest in working with international markets