Counsel, Ww Television Licensing and Home Media Distribution
Full Time Job
This position is responsible for providing legal and commercial support to the sales/business development executives and contract administration, finance and marketing groups of the Worldwide Television Licensing and Home Media Distribution division.
to include, but not limited to:
• Perform legal affairs functions in connection with Paramount’s television and digital distribution of motion picture and television content worldwide, with a focus on pay TV, basic TV, free TV, SVOD, FVOD, VOD, EST and PPV.
• Handle all aspects of licensing matters, including drafting documents, negotiating all phases of transactions from term sheet to definitive agreement, and consulting on the management and administration of active agreements.
• Assist with matters related to licensing and distribution, including acquisitions, content protection, MPA initiatives, rights conflict analysis and collective management issues.
• Collaborate with, synthesize feedback from and provide advice to commercial, finance, operations and marketing executives.
• Coordinate and liaise with multiple Paramount offices worldwide.
• Provide ancillary legal affairs support to other groups or divisions, as needed.
• Admission to State Bar of California or New York required
• Outstanding academic credentials
• Minimum 3 years solid experience at a top law firm or media company handling matters involving or related to licensing and distribution.
• Experience and working knowledge in contract analysis and review, negotiations, documentation and compliance.
• Ability to work in partnership with the sales, operations, marketing and business development, finance, tax and technology groups.
• Ability to interact positively and professionally with licensee clients and all levels of management and staff.
• Be results-oriented with a track record of gaining management credibility and influencing business results.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Experience and working knowledge in content licensing/distribution of motion picture content and intellectual property a plus.
• Strong analytical abilities, excellent writing/drafting skills and teamwork-oriented attitude.
• Ability to reliably execute under substantial time pressure, to perform under the demands set by the company and to manage a high-volume workload efficiently and effectively in accordance with client and business priorities.
• Ability to multi-task in a manner that moves multiple projects forward.
• Ability to work proactively and with the appropriate level of independence, exercise good judgment and make sound decisions.
• Ability to communicate effectively with management and fellow employees.
• Ability to think “outside the box” on matters requiring creative alternatives and innovative solutions.