Associate Project Manager
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Associate Project Manager is an experienced professional, developing expertise in project management. This position may deliver complete solutions under supervision, or manage a component of one or more projects. The Associate Project Manager may also assist more experienced Project Managers in the day-to-day management of larger projects. Finally, this position must be able to identify issues, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project or project component.
The Associate Project Manager performs their duties within established guidelines and scaled Agile and traditional environments of the associated portfolio(s) and greater Viacom organization, adhering to standards established across all Viacom teams.
• Assists more senior project managers in the day-to-day aspects of managing projects, such as developing project plans, communicating to team members, managing the project schedule, developing and posting status reports, checking on the quality and timeliness of work.
• Tracks, monitors and develops reports on project performance against expectations across multiple projects. Includes trend and risk analysis.
• Takes responsibility for the upkeep of project documentation.
• Assists with department capacity planning and project prioritization
• May participate in the establishment of project scope with more senior project managers, business representatives and/or Business Analysts.
• Validates and obtains sign-off for functional requirements/specifications.
• Assists more senior project managers in the development of project plans and RFIs/RFPs.
• May manage projects of limited scope under close guidance and support from more experienced team members.
• May assume any role required by the project, including but not limited to QA and Business Analysis.
• Conducts basic project risk management, issue management and change control with guidance.
• Determines a course of action to resolve most routine project related problems and updates team members.
• Learns, understands, and actively uses project management software to effectively manage project deliverables.
• 3 years of relevant project management experience
• Basic knowledge of project management software
• Ability to understand technologies applicable to assigned product or service area
• Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel)
• Excellent written and verbal communications, presentation skills, and meeting facilitation skills (including with an executive audience)
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
• Project management certifications desirable
• Experience with JIRA and/or Workfront is preferred
• Demonstrated working partnership with a variety of stakeholders in various disciplines
• Strong passion to learn about project management principles and practices