Art Director - Catalyst
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Art Director’s primary function is to conceptualize and set stylistic direction for top quality designs. The Art Director has the ability to work on projects both directly and to oversee junior staff members.
Projects created include a full-range of branding, print and digital designs, including but not limited to ads, brochures, digital newsletters, environmental installations, websites, merchandise, logos and brand looks.
This position works directly with the VP, Design and Design Director to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects.
• Demonstrate leadership across the design team and within Catalyst as a whole
• Develop innovative graphic design that positions our company and brands in the most effective way possible.
• Ideate and brainstorm concepts that reflect strategic business goals
• Work within, and simultaneously push forward the Viacom graphic identity
• Push projects forward with Minimal oversight; be able to work autonomously when needed
• Collaborate with writers, project managers, and digital team
• Effectively present work to clients
• Oversee junior designer and interns
• Hire and oversee top quality illustrators, photographers and various vendors to meet the excellent standards set by Viacom.
• Develop outstanding work under tight deadlines and tight budgets
• The position reports directly to the VP of Design
• One junior designer reports to this postition, along with oversight of all design interns. Additionally direction may also be given to production artists
• This position works directly with the Vice President, Design and Design Director to review strategies for work and objectives of new projects.
• The internal contacts for this position are Senior Vice President through assistant. External contacts for this position are various vendors including: photographers, illustrators, digital vendors, and printers
• 8-12 years design experience at a top studio or in-house department are necessary.
• College degree preferred; BFA in Communication Arts.
• Proficient on Macintosh with Adobe Creative Suite (Especially InDesign, Illustrator
• and Photoshop)
• Knowledge of photographers and illustrators
• Knowledge of print and digital production
• Ability to think strategically and creatively
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Ability to produce under pressure
• Has good organizational skills