Account Manager, Digital Platforms
ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Responsible for the accurate accounting, reporting and overall Advertising Revenue process of Newly Acquired VIACOM Companies. (Pluto, ATV, Whosay, ETC...) The successful candidate will manage a fast paced growing aspect of VMN business while partnering closely with a number of cross-functional stakeholders. (Ad Sales, Pricing and Inventory, Business Operations, Billing, Finance, etc.) This leadership position will not only successfully drive cross-functional collaboration, but also implement and continually look to improve existing processes. Success in this role involves an ability to think critically, plan and execute effectively while collaborating across multiple teams. The successful candidate will have had experience driving high exposure projects, be energetic, highly driven and solution focused
• Manage the overall newly acquired entities’ Advertising Revenue Inventory & Delivery Process, including compiling and analyzing campaign delivery and reporting while paying close attention to campaign pacing, revenue recognition application, the review and preparation of monthly revenue journal entries and account reconciliations while ensuring proper application of VMN accounting policies and procedures.
• Review and posting of standard monthly journal entries including digital & mixed order revenues, digital partnership revenue share expense & digital-related ADU liability write-offs, etc..
• Interpret contractual language and identify proper application of accounting policies on Advertising agreements
• Manage, track and reconcile key contract requirements (e.g. actuals pacing vs. minimum guarantees, required reporting, and recording necessary expenses against estimated performance of the deals).
• Managing the relationship between internal teams and external digital customers including Google, YouTube, Twitter, Snapchat, etc.
• Monitor expense accruals to ensure partners are paid timely and liaise with GBS organization on any vendor-related issues.
• Maintain reporting to track partnership deals actuals vs. forecast for distribution to key stakeholders (Ad Sales, Brand Finance, etc.).
• Ensure that all relevant key controls are in place and functioning properly in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley rules and regulations.
• Manage and Analyze Advertising department Balance sheet package
• Assist with the preparation of quarterly/monthly reporting packages to management
• Work closely with external auditors during quarter and year end audits by preparing information requests and addressing auditor inquiries.
• Drive process improvement throughout the revenue accounting team
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting (CPA or equivalent preferred)
• 4 years relevant work experience, Media preferred
• Team player with the ability to work with and communicate with people at different levels within the organization
• Experience working in a cross-functional environment
• Strong working knowledge of general accounting principles, concepts and processes
• Demonstrate the ability to be a self- starter and take initiative and follow through
• Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to be thorough with attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (oral, written & listening)
• Big Four/Mid-Size Public Accounting Firm experience a plus
• Understanding of direct sales and programmatic ecosystems
• Experience in Longview and SAP a strong plus
• Expert level Excel experience preferred