ViacomNew York, NY
Full Time Job
As an Account Executive, you will a highly skilled sales person, strategic business thinker and outstanding client service provider, who is deeply knowledgeable of their accounts’ business. You will be equipped to creatively tailor the collective power of a portion of VMN’s portfolio of brands and products to solve client needs. As the central point person for a set of networks on assigned accounts, you will be is responsible for all relationships and the achievement of the brand budget on that account through the development, coordination, implementation and communication of the account strategies and plans.
The AE will lead the account business across one “cluster” of VMN brands, across all platforms, and, per management’s discretion, relevant MPS or Viacom products and assets (including non-ratings businesses and assets outside of MPS) - driving our client-centric Solutions sales approach. The AE reports to the VPs, Partner Solutions.
• Responsible for achieving budgets on assigned accounts and agencies, for network brands they represent
• Proactively work to grow existing accounts and identify new ad budget prospects within assigned agency relationships.
• Represent core (i.e., linear and digital) marketing solutions for multiple agencies on one “cluster” of VMN networks. As appropriate, also advocate additional, relevant MPS and Viacom products (Vantage, Velocity) or assets – including non-ratings businesses (e.g., Shopper Marketing, Experiential)
• Collaborate with VPs and SVPs on creation of upfront strategies for assigned networks and accounts within designated agencies. Field all RFPs and negotiate Scatter deals for accounts, with day-to-day support from Planners and CSRs.
• Manage post-sale account servicing with support from SSEs, Planners, CSRs, and AE counterparts across other network brands to reduce liability balances, etc.
• Relationship owner for assigned networks on the accounts, with primary emphasis on Buying and Planning functions within media agencies. In select cases, foster and own relationships with Clients.
• At the highest executive levels at the agency, may share relationship responsibilities with EVP/ SVP (e.g., at CMO level)
• Responsible for identifying additional decision makers and influencers at agencies and elevating our relationships.
Communication and Support:
• AEs will be supported by Planners and CSRs, who will manage media plans and day-to-day account support and maintenance, with brand expertise. Additional support from SSEs available for larger deals and ad hoc projects.
• Buying strategies for the assigned accounts to be coordinated and optimized with the SVP/ VP on the Buying agency, to maximize the overall Agency deals
• Strong internal collaboration with all relevant MPS and Viacom groups per the account strategy
• When appropriate, work closely with all Product experts (Velocity, Vantage, WhoSay/Digital, etc.) to collaborate on deeper dive meetings, per agency / client interest
• Ongoing communication with VP on account status and needs/ risks
• Provide feedback for maintenance/ fine tuning of the client segments
• BA or equivalent degree required
• Prior experience in Advertising Sales in TV and/or Digital/Social
• Deep knowledge of the media and advertising industry, media agency structures, buying-selling process and systems
• Demonstrated ability to develop client relationships at key decision maker levels
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Flexible, self-driven, welcomes change and new areas to learn, while also a team player, collaborator and contributor to the larger organization and to our people and culture
• Excellent PowerPoint and strong command of all other MS Office are required
At Viacom, Marketing and Partner Solutions (MPS) is a Solutions Sales Organization, putting our clients needs first and bringing them tailored solutions their marketing need. Beyond our offerings in traditional advertising, we lead conversations around the broader marketing areas including Experiential, Social/Branded Content and Shopper Marketing. Our solutions are powered by cutting edge capabilities like Velocity and Vantage, in the context of premium safe content and engaged young and diverse audiences. Every team member is an owner and driver of this business.