Analyst, Global Consumer Insights
Viacom International Media NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Analyst, Global Consumer Insights- Viacom International Media Networks
Overview and Responsibilities
Viacom Global Consumer Insights is responsible for developing a deep understanding of Viacom audiences around the world, then disseminating those findings within the company and beyond. Through multi-country research and insights initiatives, we support Viacom corporate teams. We collaborate with consumer insights teams in the US and abroad to champion regional findings and coordinate global results, contributing to Viacom’s vast audience expertise.
The Analyst, Global Consumer Insights supports the Vice President and the overall global consumer insights team. This role’s primary responsibilities are to support quantitative and qualitative consumer insights projects, analyze data, help bring the global audience to life for Viacom through existing and new research and communicate our research within Viacom and beyond.
In addition to being detail-oriented, strong analytical and interpersonal skills, this role requires someone who knows how to interpret data and consumer research. They must demonstrate the ability to see patterns and connect insights among consumers of all different backgrounds. A passion for media and entertainment is also preferred. The role is based in New York.
include, but are not limited to:
• Work closely with the Vice President and team members to coordinate, help manage, and analyze quantitative and qualitative research projects including surveys and focus groups
• Provide required support in the analysis of primary and secondary/syndicated consumer insights data to respond to information requests
• Manage syndicated research reports from around the world for distribution throughout Viacom
• Facilitate and maintain vendor relationships and manage subscription lists
• Edit and curate video and graphics for the team and for presentation materials as needed
• Contribute to the maintenance and expansion of insights tools and systems for usage of the wider business
• Bachelor’s degree
• 2 years experience in primary research
• Working knowledge of graphics design and video editing software packages (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere)
• Strong PC, PowerPoint and Excel (VBA) skills is a must
• Fluency in English, with excellent written and verbal communication skills; knowing a second language a plus
• Strong analytical and critical thinking skills, a high level of accuracy, and attention to detail and a sense of curiosity are essential
• Experience in media research preferred
• Knowledge about International consumers and markets with a high level of cultural sensitivity
• Positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to form strong professional and working relationships
• Ability to keep up with multiple tasks and changing priorities in a complex, fast-paced business environment
Viacom International Media Networks (VIMN), a unit of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), is comprised of many of the world's most popular multimedia entertainment brands, including MTV, MTV LIVE HD, Nickelodeon, Nick Jr., Comedy Central, Paramount Channel, BET and more. Viacom brands reach more than 3.8 billion cumulative subscribers in 180 countries and territories via more than 200 locally programmed and operated TV channels and more than 550 digital media and mobile TV properties, in 40 languages.