Senior Manager, Social Media
VH1New York, NY
Full Time Job
• Manage Social Media Managers/Coordinators; position reports into the Sr. Director
Work with the Consumer Marketing Team on social media buying for tentpoles and programming priorities
• Responsible for internal paid media buying to help boost editorial/programming priorities and social media initiatives
• Identify opportunities for emerging social platforms based on key learnings and propose new ways to succeed in social media as a result.
• Own social reports on day-to-day and campaign-based key metrics, as well as have an acute awareness of fan sentiment/response.
• Ideate and execute content creation opportunities centered around programming priorities, tentpoles, stunts, etc to help extend the brand voice and create engagement opportunities across social platforms
• Responsible for identifying and managing relationships with content creators
• Manage relationship with outside social media vendors
• Ensure social copy is on-brand and representative of VH1, as well as the ability to create clear calls to action and convey marketing initiatives in social posts.
• Produce forward-thinking social media content including social videos, Live(s), memes, photo manipulation, infographics, gifs, etc.
• Work with the Sr. Director to manage budgets and forecast spends
• Minimum of 5 years experience working in digital communication space
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Ability to work under tight deadlines and multitasking in constantly evolving social space
• Ability to manage growing Social Media team
• Creative thinker and strong problem-solving skills
• Passion for Pop Culture, Social Media & TV
• Copywriting skills as well as skilled background and understanding of brand tone of voice
• Strong organizational skills & communication skills working with internal departments and 3rd party partners
• Should have design and editing skills including Photoshop and Premiere