Intern - Music and Management
Velvet Hammer Music and Management GroupWest Hollywood, CA
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Velvet Hammer Music and Management Group, a boutique artist management company located in West Hollywood, California, is seeking intuitive, detail oriented, self-starters who are resourceful and can think on their feet. We are currently looking for motivated, hard-working, and enthusiastic interns for the Fall 2018 semester who are looking to gain real world experience in music management by working directly with our managers. This is a great opportunity to be a part of a unique company culture and work with a dynamic staff, as our office is both intimate and friendly, but also constantly busy. Our current client roster includes AFI, Alice In Chains, Code Orange, Deftones, Korn, System Of A Down, Smashing Pumpkins and more.
• MUST BE ENROLLED IN COLLEGE AND BE ABLE TO RECEIVE COLLEGE CREDIT TO APPLY FOR THIS INTERNSHIP. IF YOU DO NOT MEET THIS REQUIREMENT PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR RESUME.
• Must have a high technical aptitude working with Internet, software applications, and web research.
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a high attention to detail.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills, multi-task abilities, and a team-player attitude.
• Music industry background preferred.
• Must be very knowledgeable working different social media platforms such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc.
• Must be comfortable working under pressure in a fast-pace environment.
• Must have your own car with a valid driver's license and proof of car insurance.
• Must have your own laptop computer.
• Must be dog friendly (we have office dogs).
• Must be able to intern at least two days a week from 10:00AM-5:00PM.
• Must provide proof of school credit or enrollment confirmation and internship approval from your college.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but are not limited to):
• Assist managers with creative marketing strategies and implementation, as well as promote various projects/artists through social media.
• Create spreadsheets that organize your various assigned projects and tasks.
• Research different facets of various projects relating to clients.
• Research new and up and coming artists across all genres.
• Staying abreast of best practices regarding new social media platforms, and trends in the industry.
• General office related tasks: running errands, making copies etc.
• Assist managers with the day-to-day tasks encompassed in artists relations
Although this is an unpaid internship, students will get an opportunity to gain real-world experience in the music management/entertainment field.
START DATE: Start dates range from Aug. 20 - Aug 23. We understand that each student may need an earlier/later start date for different reasons. With this in mind, we are very flexible in working around your schedule.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online