Branded Writer / Producer
Valence MediaLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 3/12/2020 3:22:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Writing Category
Search for Branded Writer / Producer jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Branded Writer / Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Branded Writer / Producer? We're looking for a seasoned writer/producer to join the Billboard-Hollywood Reporter brand studio. This candidate needs to be able to expertly ideate and execute video and content concepts that balance what the Billboard/Hollywood Reporter/Vibe/Spin/Stereogum/Dick Clark audiences want and what a brand wants. The branded creative team oversees all elements of brand partnerships and branded content. Our branded content spans 15 second Instagram shorts, to 90-minute live television productions, to globe-spanning 360 and VR epics. We execute video on every social platform and build to specific client goals and KPIs. Above all, we're the smartest, fastest growing entertainment company out there and our branded team is leading the industry.
The ideal person is a highly collaborative filmmaker with both editorial and client-direct or creative agency experience. In addition to standard Creative Producer responsibilities, we're looking for someone with a passion for storytelling on social media and emerging platforms; an ability to both think big and execute on a budget; a skill for coming up with unique ideas that integrate brands without compromising quality; and the ambition to work in a fast-paced, high-impact environment that requires everyone involved be ready to pivot rapidly.
This is a client-facing role that will work with sales and execution to help deliver on sold programs and ensure client needs are fulfilled every step of the way.
What you'll do:
• Lead all web-production efforts including copywriting and publishing of branded content across properties.
• Lead custom content development, including ideation, scripting, pre-production, production/shooting, post-production, and publishing.
• Participate in strategy brainstorms, ideation, and concept development and oversee mock creation.
• Research and write questions, treatments, branded content articles, social content plans.
• Keep detailed project status reports and update weekly branded status documents.
• Ensure each program's brand guidelines are met and content is aligned with client expectations before deliverables are submitted.
• Vet talent: deep dive research into social presence, brand alignments, recent projects, touring schedules, Billboard charts and more.
• Create decks to organize and illustrate talent options or other program suggestions to partners.
• Communicate directly with clients on program process and answer/ask questions related to production throughout program.
• Work cross functionally with product, design, marketing, edit and sales to ensure major projects can get from idea to execution smoothly.
• Problem-solve between inter-departmental teams on a daily basis.
• Attend shoots or events and document on-set information and reporting to internal team.
• Work closely with performance and dev teams to implement best user experience practices
• Source and oversee freelance network of editors, writers, and production professionals
• Proactively leverage Billboard technology, charts, audience data, and social resources
• Collaborate closely with Content Team (Creative Strategists and Editors) to bring treatments to life
• Stay abreast of trends and competitor's work in the space
• Present pitches, proposals, creative treatments, etc. to clients
• Work closely with Project Managers and Producers to keep projects on budget and on schedule
• Amend, revise and/or redevelop concepts based on internal and client feedback
Your experience and skills:
• Comfortable writing/creating scripts, treatments, shot lists and storyboards as needed
• Proven track record of gathering and providing feedback on edits
• 1-3 years as a Producer, Writer, Editor, or Creative in Marketing, Advertising, or Publishing
• Must have great communication skills and be able to give and receive critical feedback in a small team environment
• Must be meticulous, technical, organized, and creative at the same time
• Experienced in deadline driven environment
• Passion for storytelling
• Strong collaboration skills with designers, editors and project managers
• Ability to facilitate the creative development process, including providing clear direction, and producing work cost effectively and on schedule
• Entrepreneurial mindset with demonstrated ability to build out a team, lead and work independently
• Strong client presentation skills
• A robust understanding of the production and post-production processes
• Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram
• A knowledge of and passion for Billboard-Hollywood Reporter's editorial tone and mission
• Ability to travel frequently including evenings and weekends.
• Proven track record shooting with some and/or all: FS7, A7S, DSLR, 35MM, 16MM, ARRI Alexa Mini, ARRI Amira, Super 8, VHS
• Proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro (preferred) or Avid/Final Cut Pro
• Knowledge of emerging media storytelling tools, including AR, VR, 360, etc.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent in journalism, video or related field
Valence Media is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.