Utah Jazz Fan Development Internship
Utah JazzSalt Lake City, UT
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Come join the team! The Jazz Youth Intern will work as a member of the Fan Development Department throughout the 2021-22 Utah Jazz Season. As a part time employee, the intern will work with the Junior Jazz program, Utah Jazz Camps and Clinics and more. They will have the opportunity to assist in a variety of different events.
*All full-time and part-employees of the Utah Jazz are required to be fully vaccinated by October 8, 2021 (fully vaccinated is defined as two weeks since your final dose). Mandatory vaccinations support our commitment to making our workplace and public facilities as safe and welcoming as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be made for individuals who are not able to get the vaccine due to qualifying medical or religious reasons.*
• Assist at Junior Jazz activities
• Distribute Junior Jazz supplies to all Junior Jazz groups
• Assist on Junior Jazz nights at Jazz games
• Assist in filling Junior Jazz ticket orders
• Enroll new members into the Utah Jazz Kids Club at Jazz games and other events
• Assist with Utah Jazz Camps and Clinics registration, tickets, shoes and other needs
• Support the building of a diverse culture that enriches the lives of our employees, customers, partners and communities
• Embrace a culture of inclusion where guests and team members feel welcomed, valued and heard
• Enrich lives by creating winning experiences and timeless memories
• Operate with an emphasis on safety for employees, teams, and guests
• Other duties as assigned
• Customer focus- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Communicates effectively- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
• Action oriented- Taking on new opportunities and rough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
• Courage- Stepping up to address difficult issues, saying what needs to be said.
• Interpersonal savvy- Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people.
• Drives results- Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
• Knowledge of rules and basics of basketball
• Experience working with kids
• Available to work various shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
• Must have excellent follow through skills
• Must be able to work at all Jazz home games
• This person must be able to communicate and express themselves both written and verbally
• This person must be able to observe, inspect, estimate and assess
• The person must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
• This person must be able to lift 20 lbs.
The Smith Entertainment Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Smith Entertainment Group reserves the right to do so at any time. Employees shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.