Intern - Social Media
Usa BaseballDurham, NC
Full Time Paid Internship
Social Media Intern
Start Date: May 1, 2019
End Date: August 31, 2019
*Full-time hours throughout the entirety of this internship (40 hours per week).
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports To: Brad Young, Director of Media Relations and Emily Fedewa, Assistant Director of Media Relations
Position Background: USA Baseball is looking for a Social Media Intern. The intern will report to the Director of Media Relations and an Assistant Director of Media Relations. This position helps execute USA Baseball's media plan and is responsible for upholding the brand of our nation's pastime through written communication and social media for USA Baseball's events and national team programs.
The Social Media Intern will work closely with USABaseball.com (Powered by Major League Baseball Advanced Media), USABaseballShop.com, and USA Baseball's social media accounts.
• Answer daily media inquiries on behalf of the organization, including statistical requests and photo/video
• Review and compile daily clips featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions
• Create, proof, and edit content for USA Baseball's official website and social media channels
• Serve as a social media facilitator at all USA Baseball events held at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and assist with game day preparations including script writing, advertising, program creation, and content creation
• Audit and monitor social media profiles of current and former USA Baseball athletes
• Prepare and organize national team media questionnaires and provide Media Relations staff story pitches and athlete social media information
• Coordinate with USA Baseball National Member Organizations on their alums participating in USA Baseball events
• Assist in the creation of event content including programs and fan guides
• Assist all departments as needed for the organization
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
• Must have an excellent attitude and work well in a team setting
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
• Candidates must be willing and able to work flexible, demanding hours
• Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
• Ability to work in both a Mac and PC environment
• All candidates should be in current pursuit of or possessing a bachelor's degree.
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you applying for any other USA Baseball internships? If so, please specify which positions.
• In your opinion, what is the best social media platform and why?
• What is the most important thing an organization should achieve through social media?
• What is your favorite social media account to follow and why?
• What about working at USA Baseball interests you?