Intern - Graphic Design
USA BaseballDurham, NC
Part Time Unpaid Internship
Graphic Design Intern
Start Date: May 1, 2019
End Date: August 31, 2019
*Full-time hours throughout the entirety of this internship (40 hours per week).
*This is a paid position.
Position Reports To: Kevin Jones, Director of Creative Services and Brad Young, Director of Media Relations
Position Background: USA Baseball is looking for a Graphic Design Intern. The intern will report to the Director of Creative Services and Director of Media Relations. This position helps execute USA Baseball's media plan and is responsible for upholding the brand of our nation's pastime through graphic design for USA Baseball's events and national team programs.
The Graphic Design Intern will work closely with USABaseball.com (Powered by Major League Baseball Advanced Media), USABaseballPhotos.com, USABaseballShop.com, and USA Baseball's social media accounts.
• Review and compile daily graphics featuring USA Baseball and other relevant mentions
• Scanning, organizing, and editing current and historical USA Baseball photos
• Assist the Director of Creative Services in designing content for social media, website, marketing and advertising material
• Saving, filing and preparing/sending files according to established technical specifications
• Assist the Director of Creative Services in designing print and digital advertising material
• Assist the Director of Creative Services in designing promotional posters and flyers
• Assist the Director of Creative Services in planning and designing infographics
• Ensure consistent styling vision to reflect our USA Baseball brand standards
• Serve as a primary media contact at all USA Baseball events held at the National Training Complex in Cary, North Carolina, and assist with game day operations including graphic creation and photography
• Assist all departments as needed for the organization
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite CC
• Flexible and adaptable work schedule for changing organizational needs
• Passionate about baseball with an understanding of the amateur baseball landscape
• Candidates should showcase interest in photography, sports photography, or photojournalism
• Strong knowledge of printing process
• Proficiency in all social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter
• Basic knowledge of HTML
• Pursuit or completion of bachelor's degree from an accredited four-year university
About USA Baseball
USA Baseball is the National Governing Body for the sport of baseball in the United States and is a member of the United States Olympic Committee (USOC) and the World Baseball Softball Confederation. The organization selects and trains the Olympic, Pan Am, Premier 12 and World Baseball Classic teams (and all other USA Baseball Professional Teams); the USA Baseball Collegiate National Team; the USA Baseball 18U, 15U and 12U National Teams; and the USA Baseball Women's National Team, all of which participate in various international competitions each year.
The organization is responsible for the proliferation and health of the sport, and leads a number of amateur initiatives including PLAYBALL and Pitch Smart. USA Baseball also presents the Golden Spikes Award annually to the top amateur baseball player in the country.
USA Baseball is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of USA Baseball to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion or creed, sex, age, disability, citizenship status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
• How did you hear about this job?
• Are you applying for any other USA Baseball internships? If so, please specify which positions.