Univision 19 KUVS - DTVSacramento, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Broadcast News Category
Browse the Crew Category
Browse the Film and TV Production Category
Browse the TV Station Category
Search for News Producer jobs in Sacramento-CA
Search all News Producer postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a News Producer? News Producer (18-04)
Position Summary: Univision Sacramento Area is seeking an experienced News Producer for the local newscast. The News Producer generates, plans and develops ideas for the daily newscasts. The position is also responsible for conceiving, writing and preparing broadcast material including local, national/international stories, newsbreaks, teasers, and headlines. The News Producer must have a strong sense of journalistic ethics an excellent editorial judgment and a good understanding of local, state and national current events. The News Producer should have knowledge of the Latino community demographics in the Sacramento DMA (Sacramento, Stockton and Modesto) area.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Minimum of 3 years' experience as a News Producer - and line Producer
• Must have the ability to lead and conduct the news meeting, generating story ideas, dispatching news crews and reporters.
• Oversee the on-air look of news broadcasts to make sure it follows UTG and station policies.
• Fluency in Spanish both written and spoken is required.
• Proof reads rundown and copy for accuracy prior to going on the air.
• In charge of content and creative flow of the assigned broadcast, including writing of teases/ headlines, ordering of graphics. Oversees stories' production.
• Works together with the Assignment Editor as liaison between Producer, Photographers, and Reporters in the field.
• Story selection and assignment of stories to reporters and photographers.
• Prepares newscast rundown (story selection and order) on I-news computer system for 6:00PM and 11:00PM newscasts.
• Delegates assignment, production, editing, promotion, graphics and writing responsibilities to indicated staff members.
• Supervises writing and pre-production of each element of the newscast including all anchor-read stories and reporter full tracks, video editing and graphics.
• Line produce -back timing- newscast while on the air.
• Creates and executes original stories for the show development and execution of sweeps projects production.
• Must possess leadership skills and be team player, self-starter with solid news judgment and ethics.
• Must possess knowledge of all aspects of newsroom operations and electronic news-gathering (ENG) and general office equipment and computers.
• Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays.
• Other duties as deemed necessary.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Must be comfortable working in a lead capacity.
• Ability to stand, walk, bend, type, edit, reach and sit for up to (8) hours.
• Must be willing to work from office in Sacramento CA
• Employment/education will be verified
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States