Weekend Receptionist - Abbey Road Studios
Universal Music GroupLondon, UK
Full Time Job
Job title: Weekend Receptionist : 8.30am to 6pm Sat & Sun
Responsible to: Site Services Manager
Department: Technical & Facilities
Location of work: Abbey Road Studios
Main Purpose of Role
Working front of house at these very prestigious studios you will be responsible for the overall first impression of our clients and visitors. You will route all calls from switchboard to the relevant staff and rooms in an efficient and professional manner. You will t ake care of all clients and enquiries at Abbey Road Studios , ensuring you are aware of all planned sessions by referring to the Schedule system to correctly direct clients/musicians to the relevant studios and inform ing each studio of their arrival. You will also be responsible for all outgoing mail, updating staff contacts lists and managing all signing in sheets and petty cash. Additionally, you will manage taxi bookings as required and e nsure departments are notified of deliveries for sessions. You will also s upport the facilities team with scheduled maintenance visits.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills, i ncluding reception experience .
• Ability to run a busy reception desk with ease and a calm , confident manner.
• Ability to multi-task and offer support within the facilities department and studio environment .
• A reliable, trustworthy team player who maintains professionalism even under pressure .
• An enthusiastic and pro-active approach .
• Excellent organisational skills .
• Previous studios experience would be an advantage .
• A passion for music .
Diversity and Inclusion
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age.
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.