Vice President, Visual Content
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
HOW WE LEAD:
The Republic Records Visual Content Department oversees the creation of music videos and visual content for the label and it's partners, from inception to completion.
Vice President, Visual Content - Job Description: The VP of Visual Content will be responsible for commissioning music videos and various content for artists across the label.
How you’ll CREATE:
• Solicit treatments for music videos and content
• Handle video budgets and video delivery
• Work with label executives, label staff, managers, artists and production teams to create visual content
• Create solicitation lists and treatments for review by artists, management, and label team
• Oversee video approvals from legal and network review
• Integrate product placement/brand partnerships
• Instruct the video team on all matters relating to content and video production
• Deliver successful and meaningful content at any budget and production level
• Successfully manage the visual content team at Republic Records
Bring your VIBE:
• Travel and attend shoots as necessary
• Ability to manage numerous projects in different stages simultaneously
• Extensive network of production resources
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of budgets and ability to examine
• Excellent communication skills
• Capacity to maintain composure in a high pressure environment
• Ability to work with all music genres and lyrical content
• Dedicated team player
• Expert knowledge of the pre-production, on-set, and post-production process
• Experience managing timelines, teams and budgets in order to deliver outstanding content at all levels
• Extensive experience with fast-paced work environments and long hours
• Resume and portfolio that demonstrates expertise in content creation and execution across many levels
• Broad network of partners in all areas of production, must include reps, producers, directors, editors, etc.
• Proven negotiation skills in dealing with business partners, creative partners and internal teams
• High attention to detail with regard to aesthetics, as well as production planning
• Creating and maintaining professional internal and external relationships
• A minimum of 8 - 10 years’ experience in music video, film and/or digital media
• A passion for a career in music, music video and visual content
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.