Summer Intern - Streaming Marketing
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
If you have a passion for music consumption through streaming platforms, then we want to hear from you! Our Internships will provide the rare opportunity to work in all aspects of the business to maximize the learning experience. Applicants MUST be creative, willing to learn, have a flexible schedule, and of course, want to have fun!
• Creating social content for artists and clients
• Pulling data for insights and analysis
• Strategizing and executing ways to promote artists & clients to grow their fan base across all social platforms
• Various day-to-day maintenance tasks for all social media, streaming and advertising accounts
• Assisting marketing team in supporting UMG artists and tracks globally on streaming services
• Engaging in brainstorming and problem-solving sessions for global marketing campaigns
• Obtain a working knowledge of digital marketing in the music industry
• Expertise in marketing music on streaming platforms
• Mastery of how to increase engagement for artists and brands on all social outlets
• Familiarity with online marketing tools, i.e. MailChimp, Google Analytics, Facebook Ads, Adwords etc.
• Ability to analyze campaign performance, summarize key insights, and recommend actions to improve.
• A great experience and awesome new friends
• Driven, hardworking, thoughtful
• Have a working knowledge of social media and a strong desire to learn more about the digital marketing world
• Come to work with ideas to help increase engagement and awareness for artists and brands
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Understanding of music streaming services and promotions
• Knowledge of photoshop, pixelmator or other web design tools is a plus, but not necessary
• Minimum of 20 hours of availability each week during business hours
• Entering junior or senior year of college
Out of State Applicants
Housing/relocation will NOT be provided by UMG for students applying to internship positions outside of their state of residence.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.