Sr Manager, Global Royalty
Universal Music GroupFranklin, TN
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager has responsibility for UMPG’s global royalty processing and royalty administration systems. You will be experienced at leading a team and setting and meeting deadlines, measuring performance and reporting to senior management. The position reports to Senior Director, Global Royalty.
• Ensure royalty processing procedures are carried out for all designated global territories in accordance with controls.
• Prioritize workload for the Global Royalties team adhering to agreed deadlines and royalty timetables.
• Approval of final run closes for designated global territories.
• Approval of system adjustments as presented by Global Royalties Analyst team.
• Provide high level support and training for all global territories.
• Prepare statistics and detailed royalty reporting for the territories and senior management.
• Perform analysis of royalty data and processes, including client/rate structures, royalty calculation and financials.
• Identify and recommend process improvements and assist with their implementation.
• Assist with the design and testing of system upgrades.
• Maintain and update royalty procedure and system documentation.
• Ad hoc analyses and projects, as assigned.
• Strong analytical background. Excellent organizational skills. Detail-oriented.
• Willingness to assume responsibility for area and team.
• Ability to meet deadlines quickly and accurately, multi-task and work well under pressure with changing priorities.
• Advanced Excel skills and proficiency preferred in Microsoft Access.
• Overtime as required.
• 3 years music publishing company experience preferably in a royalty administration-related role.
• Experience managing, training and developing staff.
• Experience using an AS400 system and/or copyright system preferred.
• 4-year college degree in Business/Accounting or related area strongly preferred.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.