Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Sourcing Manager (Retail, Fabrics, Trims, Vendors)
The Sourcing Manager will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive execution of merchandise needs for Retail, E-commerce and special projects. This position will report directly to the Vice President of Production and work very closely with the Creative design team.
• Develop/source new and existing fabric, trims, washes/dyes vendors for all upcoming development
• Working with tech design and creative to have complete technical package to initiate development
• Initiate time and action calendars. Drive activity alongside cross-functional teams to remain on calendar.
• Management of pre-production/development timelines, reviewing reports and recommending solutions to exceptions
• Work collaboratively with the Creative team to develop a final assortment that is executable in production
• Monitor all development programs- from sample development through commercialization through PSR reports.
• Negotiate and cost engineer with vendors across multiple programs to help meet P&L requirements.
• Initiate weekly development touch base cross-functional meetings for potential order issues as appropriate
• Diverse market segment background (mens, juniors, and childrenswear)
• Strong costing and product engineering skills
• Existing vendor relationships especially in cut and sew knits, sleepwear and loungewear
• Detail oriented with strong follow through skills
• Extensive technical knowledge of raw materials, garment constructions, wash and print processes
• Microsoft Suite and Adobe proficiencies (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Illustrator).
• Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
• Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
• Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
• Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
• Strong long term strategic planning capability
• Effective verbal and written skills
• 5-7 years of experience in apparel production and/or product development
• Bachelor’s degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.