Senior Manager, General Accounting
Universal Music GroupWoodland Hills, CA
Full Time Job
Are you an enthusiastic, quick-minded general ledger professional? Do you exhibit a dedicated work ethic? Are you looking for an employer that fosters your career growth? Are you passionate about music?
...If so, we'd love to connect with you.
Universal Music Group is seeking a Senior Accounting Manager to join our Central Accounting Services division in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, California. The CAS's mission is to continually expand our contribution to the organization through team mentorship, individual development, & creative process improvements.
This role could be a fit if... You have a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, 7-10 years of front-line general ledger/corporate reporting experience, & are able to work 6:30 am - 3:30 pm PST.
You'll experience the following perks as a full-time UMG employee...
• Competitive Benefits – Your comprehensive benefits package will offer Medical, Dental, & Vision, as well as 30 days of PTO, a 401k savings plan with company match, & more.
• Employee Development – We're invested in growing your career within UMG. Your engagement in L&D programs will help expand your skill set. Also, you'll be the first to be considered when new roles open.
• Culture and Environment – You'll enjoy our branded offices that feature UMG artists and music 24/7, employee lounges complete with video games, musical instruments, couches, free soda and coffee, free merchandise, & more.
• Social Responsibility – Your good works and engagement in various causes will be amplified by UMG's donation-match programs, strengthening our impact throughout the world.
In this role... You'll support 2 of our labels, Island Records and Def Jam Recordings, throughout the general accounting close cycle and corporate reporting process, as well as the joint venture/profit participation (JVA) statements cycle.
• Closely manage 3 BPO staff in Mumbai to ensure deliverables and work quality is consistent with SLA's.
• Review/prepare monthly accruals and allocations.
• Review GL activities for proper accounting.
• Review/approve journal entries and analysis prepared, including balance sheet reconciliations.
• Prepare/review management financial packages. Support analytics to facilitate review of monthly close by senior finance management.
• Review corporate reporting submitted to global consolidation system Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
• Manage the statement preparation and review processes. Ensure statements are completed, reviewed, & payable amounts paid within the contractual deadlines.
• Review JVA statements and supporting schedules. Ensure statements are prepared in accordance with contractual terms of the deal.
• Review/reconcile GL activity flowing through the deal statement. Review general ledger adjustments proposed by BPO staff.
• Ensure the accuracy of the financial statements as it relates activity pertaining to JVA contracts.
UMG is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, & audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, we identify and develop artists and produce and distribute the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation, & entrepreneurship, we foster the development of services, platforms, & business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.