Senior Manager, Employee Development
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Learning and Organization Development (LOD) group at Universal Music Group is comprised of three main pillars; Employee Development, Manager Development and Organization Development. The Sr. Manager, Learning and Development role will oversee Employee Development for all our businesses in the US.
The Sr. Manager, Learning and Development role will be responsible for creating an employee development strategy that integrates with the other two pillars (manager and organization development) to support enterprise-wide, scalable solutions that build organizational capabilities. The role will report to the Head of Learning and Organization Development.
• Consults with the HR team and business leaders to assess needs and identify opportunities to build and implement appropriate learning solutions to develop and engage our employees.
• Creates, designs, and executes an employee development strategy that incorporates change management methodologies, learning technologies, and evaluative measures.
• Designs and developments training content and materials that incorporate adult learning and instructional design principles.
• Develops job aides and support materials to reinforce learning objectives and employee capabilities.
• Ensures diversity of delivery methods, including in-person, webinars, eLearning, podcasts, cohort programs, etc., to meet the learning needs of our employees.
• Oversees the effectiveness and utilization of our Learning Management System (LMS) and provides direction and guidance to LOD coordinator on LMS inquiries and technical challenges.
• Identifies and engages external consultants/vendors as needed, including directing and monitoring their work.
• Works closely with the Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DIB) team to integrate DIB strategy and metrics into programs and initiatives.
• Manages and monitors multiple learning programs and initiatives that support our employee.
• Manages employee development budget and annual forecasting.
• Facilitates a variety of employee, manager, and organization development workshops or sessions.
• Takes the lead on ad-hoc requests and projects that relate to employee development or as assigned by the Head of Learning and Organization Development.
• Proven exceptional communication, facilitation, and influencing skills
• Demonstrates ability to think strategically and creatively
• Skilled at using data to draw out themes that tell a ‘story’
• Proven success in driving change and influencing the adoption of new ideas
• Strong relationship management skills, utilizing a collaborative work style
• Experience working as an internal consultant with strong consultative and diagnostic skills
• Excellent project planning and project management skills
• Team player with demonstrated flexibility and adaptability
• Ability to manage and execute multiple deliverables simultaneously
• Proven success conceptualizing, developing, and managing scalable and engaging programs in a multi- brand, geographically diverse organization
• Skilled at assessing needs, presenting creative solutions, developing action plans, and executing results
• Experience collaborating with subject matter experts and external vendors across multiple disciplines to build and deliver innovative solutions
• Demonstrated track record of career progression
• Travel up to 25% (greater Los Angeles area, New York, Nashville, Philadelphia, Toronto)
• At least 7 years of experience creating and implementing employee development strategies in creative and multi-brand organizations.
• At least 5 years of experience designing and facilitating employee and/ or manager solutions.
• At least 5 years of experience consulting with all levels of business leaders and HR Business Partners to identify learning needs and provide recommendations.
• At least 3 years of experience overseeing or managing a Learning Management System.
• At least 2 years of experience presenting learning analytics data
• Experience working in music, media, video game, PR, advertising, tech, or film/TV/studio entertainment
• Experience supporting organization development projects like Engagement surveys, Change management, or Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
• Experience using Psychometric Assessments
• Experience coaching managers and skilled professionals, coaching certification a plus
• A graduate degree in organization development, industrial/organizational psychology, organization behavior, communications, leadership development, or related area preferred
• Certification in at least two or more assessment/feedback instruments (e.g. DISC, MBTI, ECI, ILS, OCS, Firo-B, TKI, Social Styles, 360 assessments etc.)
• SPHR or SHRM credentials; CPLP certification; or graduate certificate in Organization Development a plus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.