Senior Director Of Retail Production
Universal Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
The Senior Director of Retail Production oversees all facets of manufacturing and supply chain operations management by identifying appropriate vendors, negotiating manufacturing orders and ensuring the timely delivery of high quality and margin products.
• Oversee and review approved vendor matrix, with costing and production capacity portfolio; approve and review production standards.
• Perform high-level negotiations on pricing to ensure profitability; approve final buys; oversee tracking of production from first samples to final deliveries; resolve high-level non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors; oversee customs classification coordination with Imports.
• Partner with Merchandising, Design and Sales to review product development, ensure correct execution of products and attain agreed-upon margin goals, in context of larger assortment and cost structure; set and articulate expectations and ensure timely delivery according to development calendar.
• Review satisfaction of production standards and cohesiveness of brand, where appropriate, across categories and vendors; oversee quality control initiatives, including QA analysis and solutions.
• Lead team in high-level troubleshooting, including identifying and resolving quality and technical issues; review efforts in special garment development and enhancements and modifications to designs and materials, including line and discount/derivative products, in order to maintain aesthetic and achieve financial goals.
• Oversee capacity planning and performance management by sourcing office, region, country and vendor; define and oversee accurate costing models; partner with Sales and Planning to project high-level production needs, make commitments to raw materials, where appropriate; allocate production across vendors and reserve production space.
• Oversee and perform competitive research; continuously evaluate marketplace to identify key trends in manufacturing, fabrications and construction; review significant innovations and share with partners in Merchandising and Design on regular basis.
• Lead, train and motivate team of full-time and part-time personnel as well as factory and independent agents; strategize staffing needs across categories and brands, where appropriate.
• Contribute positively to team dynamic and manage up where necessary.
• Monitor and evaluate performance of individuals and team(s).
• Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail oriented and meticulous.
• Extensive knowledge of garment manufacturing, including construction, fabrication, trim and print techniques.
• Creativity, technical capability and sensibility for merchandising/design.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers
• 10 - 12 years experience in apparel production and sourcing; significant relevant experience in category.
• Bachelor’s Degree.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.