Senior Director, Customer Audience Analytics
Universal Music GroupSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
How we LEAD:
As we reinvigorate our focus on developing long-term relationships with fans for Artists, Labels and UMG holistically we are looking for a strong analytical mind to come in and help shape the most impactful KPIs, operational reports & analytics studies in support. This pivotal role will be joining the newly formed Global Audience Development team to help build the analytical & reporting foundations needed to evolve this performance marketing team into a predictive discipline that can engineer the growth of scaled audience bases with a healthy long-term revenue outlook.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned customer and performance marketing analyst, with a proven track record of producing meaningful reports, data visualizations and advanced analytics studies to inform business strategy and performance growth through customer relationships. Despite the required years of experience, the right candidate will also be invigorated by the idea of developing this function from scratch and helping institutionalize new metrics and methods of evaluating performance and success for our global and already hugely successful business.
This role will be based in Los Angeles, but will be working across global teams, so flexibility around working schedule and openness to periodical travel will be a requirement.
How We LEAD:
• Establish the right KPIs, operational reporting & more advanced analytics studies to help the UMG Global Audience Development team build a valuable and scaled audience base.
• Work directly with Global Audience Development & Consumer Marketing leadership in setting team KPIs as well as enterprise wide and industry benchmark targets. Establish direct correlation to top-down revenue & EBITA goals in line with finance teams and leadership.
• Design and manage team, enterprise & market-level scorecards to measure and track progress against goals. Develop prototype business intelligence solutions, including reports and dashboards that visualize complex data sets, but also relay clear business insight & action.
• Support development of team forecasting and impact models for related team business cases
• Analyze and interpret Customer / Audience insights from multiple data sources using statistical techniques. Be able to translate findings into meaningful and immediately actionable outcomes for the Audience development marketing teams to execute against.
• Collaborate with internal and external partners to tag, collect, QA, organize, and prepare raw data for analysis Combine data from structured & unstructured sources to discover and interpret new trends/patterns.
• Support experimentation and deployment of predictive models that leverage customer data.
• Work alongside our broader data & analytics and insight teams as the subject matter expert on known audience performance, data & analytics needs.
• Provide thought leadership in discipline of performance-based and customer focused analytics – leading a roadmap that evolves the team from siloed channel reporting to a competency of predictive & prescriptive analytics. In partnership with the SVP develop a team culture around performance accountability and improve the analytical and self-serve reporting acumen across the broader Audience Development team.
Bring your VIBE:
• 10 years of experience in consumer marketing and / customer analytics role for a fast paced, high volume consumer facing (preferably digital first) business.
• Experience in managing analytics projects from inception to delivery, including developing structured solutions
• Marketing & customer measurement approaches (E.g. ROMI, LTV, ARPU cross channel attribution models). CRM and integrated digital marketing experience a must.
• Solid understanding of customer funnel analytics and segmentation modelling - installation, retention, and monetization stages, etc.
• Analytical problem solver with strong business acumen.
• Advanced level experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets & interpreting results.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to combine, organize, and analyze large amounts of data and to tease-out and disseminate key information with attention to detail and accuracy. Should be able to deliver project independently and via cross functional teams.
• Technical expertise with data models, database design, data access, data mining, and data segmentation techniques.
• Proficiency in querying databases and using R, Python, SQL, etc.
• Proficiency with business intelligence and data visualization software, e.g. Tableau, Looker, MicroStrategy, Domo, etc.
• Demonstrated presentation and storytelling skills and experience communicating complex concepts and actionable recommendations to stakeholders across functions and levels.
• Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions and maintain momentum.
• Building and managing team experience desired
• Bachelor’s degree, with MS/MBA or PhD in a quantitative field preferred
• Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
• Student Loan Repayment Assistance
• Employee Developmental Support
• Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
• Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.